• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 11:31:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 385
Total: 386

Fish room

Started by ilroost, December 19, 2015, 08:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

I have been working so much, that I had to down size the fish room.
Went from 38 tanks to only 11 left. Got rid of almost all my breeding groups of Africans.
Still got my Fronts,Albino Taiwan reefs,Tanzanian black Acei's, school of silver dollars and the breeding pair of Jags.
The local fish store is happy, went in there with about 3oo fish lol.
A buddy of mine bought the local fish store about 4 months ago and is having a hard time getting going.
Dropped off the fish and told him we will talk about it later. He was taking most of the breeding groups to the basement to keep and breed. That way he wont have to order as much.
Any ways i'm keeping all the tanks  for when I retire and have more time

LizStreithorst

I hate that you had to scale down but you did a lovely thing.  I wish your friend with the LFS great success in 2016.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 19, 2015, 08:19:55 PM
I hate that you had to scale down but you did a lovely thing.  I wish your friend with the LFS great success in 2017.

Yep, nice thing you did for your buddy....

I wish him luck in 2016 too... ;D w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Changed it.  I hit the wrong key w!w
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

That was a cool thing to do :). How did you get 300 fish in there? I know that cichlids are ,mostly large like 6+ inches, so 300 of 6 inch fishes would be a lot to carry into a store. I don't think you would even be able to put that many in a normal sized car, maybe a truck though.

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on December 19, 2015, 08:37:37 PM
That was a cool thing to do :). How did you get 300 fish in there? I know that cichlids are ,mostly large like 6+ inches, so 300 of 6 inch fishes would be a lot to carry into a store. I don't think you would even be able to put that many in a normal sized car, maybe a truck though.

There are many, many species of smaller cichlids.....and I doubt he carried 'em all in at once....LOL
Jon

ilroost

A few breeding groups and many juvies and fry will add up to 300 quick. Not really sure it was 300, just a guess. Way to many to count. Heck I couldn't even tell you how many fish I got left now,lol.

Rjb3

When I was breeding many different types of fish in forty tanks people would ask "How many fish do you have?" I'd say "Thousands".

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on December 20, 2015, 11:55:02 AM
A few breeding groups and many juvies and fry will add up to 300 quick. Not really sure it was 300, just a guess. Way to many to count. Heck I couldn't even tell you how many fish I got left now,lol.

LOL....yup....I have no idea how many fish are down there now.....ok...lots.. |^|
Jon