• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 02:16:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 193
Total: 193

Saint Puppy

Started by LizStreithorst, December 17, 2015, 04:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

He's finally acting normal, although mostly three legged.  He had me worried for a couple of days.  He spent all his time lying down until I decided I'd had enough of that.  He actually whined.  I can't tolerate a whiner but I did for 2 days.  I made him get up off his "feeling sorry for himself ass" and made him walk up the road with me.  He found out that he liked it more than laying around pissing and moaning. 

He whined once to me today when he had to go up a step to get inside the house.  I told him that I had see him go up that little step once before and I wasn't buying it.

Saint Puppy is 11 years old.  That's old for a Chow.  It's harder on him than it would be on a younger dog.  I still give him the greatest love and respect but I will not allow him to become a spoiled sissy boy.  He is my number one.  His job is to be strong despite the bad things he encounters.  His job is to be my protector.  A sissy boy is no protector.

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I am so pleased with how Saint Puppy is doing.  He was out playing in the pasture with the other dogs when I drove in from work today.  He galloped behind Charlotte as I drove into the carport.  He limps but he is using that leg well.  He's still on nsaids twice a day.

My vet gave me permission to take his sutures out myself, but he still want's to see Saint Puppy.  Regardless of what I tell him, post op evaluation is part of his job huh  I'll take him in Monday.  I can't wait for Lowell to see this dog walk.  It will make him smile.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I'm happy that Saint Puppy is doing good.
Scott

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron