• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 12:17:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Saint Puppy

Started by LizStreithorst, December 17, 2015, 04:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

That has happened to me :-[  Once I woke up to a gnawing sound and one of the little ones was enjoying a juicy deer leg one close to my face :o  They do tend to bring discarded deer parts to the house but that was the only time I woke up to a meaty juicy one close to my face ::)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 20, 2015, 07:41:05 PM
That has happened to me :-[  Once I woke up to a gnawing sound and one of the little ones was enjoying a juicy deer leg one close to my face :o  They do tend to bring discarded deer parts to the house but that was the only time I woke up to a meaty juicy one close to my face ::)

LOL...I remember that story you told about it.....wow
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Saint Puppy didn't get his surgery today.  Lowell did blood work on him and his platelets came back way low.  He did the blood work again just a while ago and everything is fine.  It turns out that there was a clot in the first sample ::)  He's going to try to do it first thing in the morning.  He asked if I wanted to come pick him up and bring him home for the night.  I said, "No.  He's in good hands."  He said something else I don't remember and I said, "Lowell. I trust you."  He said, "well that's why..." and I finished his sentence.  "...you don't want to him croak under your care".  My dog couldn't be in better hands.

His wife told me that they were groomer hunting yet again.  They could have had me back once when I thought for sure they'd have me back.  Everybody wanted me but Lowell said no.  That the girl I half way trained for them wasn't bad enough to fire.  She must have gotten worse because 4 years later they fired her.  I respected his decision and although I miss renting that room from him and talking to the vets  about all the new stuff, I like my little shop in BFN.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 21, 2015, 05:34:52 PM
Saint Puppy didn't get his surgery today.  Lowell did blood work on him and his platelets came back way low.  He did the blood work again just a while ago and everything is fine.  It turns out that there was a clot in the first sample ::)  He's going to try to do it first thing in the morning.  He asked if I wanted to come pick him up and bring him home for the night.  I said, "No.  He's in good hands."  He said something else I don't remember and I said, "Lowell. I trust you."  He said, "well that's why..." and I finished his sentence.  "...you don't want to him croak under your care".  My dog couldn't be in better hands.

His wife told me that they were groomer hunting yet again.  They could have had me back once when I thought for sure they'd have me back.  Everybody wanted me but Lowell said no.  That the girl I half way trained for them wasn't bad enough to fire.  She must have gotten worse because 4 years later they fired her.  I respected his decision and although I miss renting that room from him and talking to the vets  about all the new stuff, I like my little shop in BFN.

I wish Saint Puppy a good surgery & recovery Liz. He sounds like a great dog. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Saint had his surgery this morning.  Lowell called me this afternoon and said that he woke up and then went back to sleep.  He said that I could pick him up this evening if I wanted to but that he really just needs to lay around in a cage for a day.  I'll pick him up tomorrow after work.  Poor dog doesn't need to deal with my untamed masses ;)   He said that the surgery was very straight forward.  The cruciate ligament was a mess but there was no collateral damage to his knee joint.

I love my veterinarian and he's fond of me as well.

LizStreithorst

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

That's super, Liz...... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I'm glad it went well.

GeorgeG

Good to hear everything went well

LizStreithorst

Thanks guys.  I've missed him.  He's getting around but despite the good drugs he's hurtin'.

BallAquatics

Good to see you have him home Liz.  He will heal up quicker at home under your care.   ;)

Dennis

Ron Sower

Good for you and St. Puppy! It'll be a Merry Christmas for you both!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

big b

He must have been your early christmas present  ;D

Mugwump

...how's he doin' now?.....much better I hope..
Jon