• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:33:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 261
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 360
Total: 360

Sunday's coffee...

Started by Mugwump, December 06, 2015, 05:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....A great cup of coffee MMMmmmm....foggy again this morning....a little frost, but might make 40's ?...

..pot of bean soup today...some corn bread....chopped onions....yum...

some fry water changes, etc..and tidying up in the fish room...a few tunes...and more coffee  ;D

I need to make up a box to ship overnight downtown on Tues..I think I have enough insulation left....Speedee Delivery is very good on local next day shipments...and very reasonable too...they built their reputation on it...great outfit  |^|...

Anyone heard when the USPS will start full weekend delivery's for the season?..I'm not shipping anymore now till after the Holidays, but just curious...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Gale made chicken soup on Friday. Good stuff.

wsantia1

Yes a great cup of coffee here too. Temps are at the coldest they've been this season. Low was 28 this morning. It is going up to 54 and will be sunny with no wind later. That is great. |^| |^| |^|

I will probably do some beef stew today (meat thawing out) and the Jets vs. Giants are on today. That will be a big game around here and all the way up and down the I-95 corridor between NY and DC. mim mim mim

Will check on Koi spawn here soon. This pair has proven that they don't need my help. I left the light on for them last night though. :-\

I will do house cleaning and laundry today and focus on water changes and fishroom cleaning tomorrow unless something (as usual) needs immediate attention today.  8)

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 06, 2015, 05:51:03 AM
Gale made chicken soup on Friday. Good stuff.

Chicken soup rocks !!....and lots of noodles  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..pot #2....MMMmmmm.....delicious  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I actually ate breakfast today.  I never do that!  3 strips of bacon and an egg over medium cooked in butter :o  I've tidied the house.  One more load of laundry left to do.

Boy did I ever move fish!  Separated 2 more pairs to breeding tanks.  That made it possible for me to move my keeper half backs and HB blue silver crosses from a 75 to a 100 and the non keeper HBs to the 75.  Then I saw a pair of keeper HB's forming.  That gave me few enough fish to enable me to separate the crosses from the keepers in to 60's which in turn made is possible to move my assorted blue's into the 100. 

I still have tank wipe downs to do. I always do a huge WC after wipe downs because of all the brown algae and debris in the water column.  I want to get the pot roast going, too.  Charlotte will have to wait until tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2015, 12:41:21 PM
I actually ate breakfast today.  I never do that!  3 strips of bacon and an egg over medium cooked in butter :o  I've tidied the house.  One more load of laundry left to do.

Boy did I ever move fish!  Separated 2 more pairs to breeding tanks.  That made it possible for me to move my keeper half backs and HB blue silver crosses from a 75 to a 100 and the non keeper HBs to the 75.  Then I saw a pair of keeper HB's forming.  That gave me few enough fish to enable me to separate the crosses from the keepers in to 60's which in turn made is possible to move my assorted blue's into the 100. 

I still have tank wipe downs to do. I always do a huge WC after wipe downs because of all the brown algae and debris in the water column.  I want to get the pot roast going, too.  Charlotte will have to wait until tomorrow.

...cooking and doing fish stuff.....what a grand day you are having...I hope the sun is out like it is here too.... ;D...makes for a wonderful day..yeppers |^|
..good for you !!
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's gorgeous here.  66 degrees and mostly sunny ;D 

I just caught another pair of HB's pecking at the cone and put them in the last open breeding tank. 

wsantia1

51 degrees here but sunny with no wind. |^| |^| |^| They are projecting a record high of 65 next Sunday. We shall see. w!w
Willie

Mugwump

..up to 45deg's here...sunny and not much wind at all......
Jon

LizStreithorst

Pot Roast in the oven :)  It will take 4 hours to cook in a 275 oven.  Now for what I've been looking most forward to. wipe downs and WC.

Know what I found out today?  When I eat I have energy and a desire to do stuff.  You'd think that by my age I'd have figured that out.  I think that I knew it once and then forgot ::)

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2015, 02:19:10 PM
Pot Roast in the oven :)  It will take 4 hours to cook in a 275 oven.  Now for what I've been looking most forward to. wipe downs and WC.

Know what I found out today?  When I eat I have energy and a desire to do stuff.  You'd think that by my age I'd have figured that out.  I think that I knew it once and then forgot ::)

I'm surprised you're not hungry more often. lol w!w w!w w!w
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 06, 2015, 02:29:28 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2015, 02:19:10 PM

I'm surprised you're not hungry more often. lol w!w w!w w!w

+1..... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's strange...I dream about cooking and I love collecting recipes.  I have never liked breakfast and I have never liked stopping work in the middle of the day to eat.  After work I drink beer which fills me up.  Generally I don't eat until I get the feeling that if I don't eat I won't live huh  I will try to change my ways.