• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 07:26:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 137
Total: 137

Plat Angelfish Pair.......

Started by wsantia1, December 01, 2015, 03:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

.........spawned again. This is a different pair from the PS pair. These are young so I don't want to pull them. I just dropped a cube of frozen bloodworms in their tank as well as in all of the other tanks that have breeders or potential pairs. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 01, 2015, 03:32:33 PM
.........spawned again. This is a different pair from the PS pair. These are young so I don't want to pull them. I just dropped a cube of frozen bloodworms in their tank as well as in all of the other tanks that have breeders or potential pairs. mim

...excellent...... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Thanks Liz. I am going to pair the father of this pair to the female of the divorcing Plat PS's |^| |^| |^|.

Than's Jon. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

Fingers crossed that she doesn't eat them as soon as she sees them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Eggs still there this morning. They are really do a good job of fanning the eggs. Not a whitey in the bunch.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 02, 2015, 06:01:43 AM
Eggs still there this morning. They are really do a good job of fanning the eggs. Not a whitey in the bunch.  ;D ;D ;D

...+1.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 02, 2015, 06:03:18 AM

...+1.... ;D

Still some eggs left but a lot less than yesterday. I would say maybe about 50 eggs left. huh I don't think the pair ate them tho. There are 4 young cories and a young BN in there and this morning I saw a small ramshorn snail (hitchhiker). I don't think it was the snail. So I am leaning towards the cories. >:(

I'll leave the eggs in there to see what happens. The pair can practice defense against those cories. If the eggs disappear I will move the cories out later. Today is supposed to be wiggler day. ::)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 03, 2015, 07:30:09 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 02, 2015, 06:03:18 AM

...+1.... ;D

Still some eggs left but a lot less than yesterday. I would say maybe about 50 eggs left. huh I don't think the pair ate them tho. There are 4 young cories and a young BN in there and this morning I saw a small ramshorn snail (hitchhiker). I don't think it was the snail. So I am leaning towards the cories. >:(

I'll leave the eggs in there to see what happens. The pair can practice defense against those cories. If the eggs disappear I will move the cories out later. Today is supposed to be wiggler day. ::)

..good luck !!....I've seen cories go for the 'tumblers' that fall when the parents are moving, and tending.....but don't recall them eating off the slate ?...
Jon

wiggs

Hey, Willie, take out your pleco, he`s the one eating the eggs.. yummy,
Jan

Mugwump

Quote from: wiggs on December 03, 2015, 08:05:41 AM

yup, could be.....how young is he ?
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 03, 2015, 09:04:25 AM

Thanks for the advice Jan. He is a juvie BN, probably about 1.5 inches. I will pull all the cats out and try again. I can put the BN back when I get free swimmers. I think I will terminate this batch and set them up for another one. |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 03, 2015, 01:17:58 PM

Thanks for the advice Jan. He is a juvie BN, probably about 1.5 inches. I will pull all the cats out and try again. I can put the BN back when I get free swimmers. I think I will terminate this batch and set them up for another one. |^|

If he's only 1 1/2"...I'd think they'd drive him off easily....but some pairs never get it... huh
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 03, 2015, 01:20:31 PM

If he's only 1 1/2"...I'd think they'd drive him off easily....but some pairs never get it... huh

They are a young pair and showed me some promise. I will give them another shot and then the one after will be mine.

They are still sitting on some eggs but since the are het albino and ps I don't think it will be worth my effort because I will get some albinos and most likely they won't survive anyway.

If I had enough eggs to work with I would try to raise some of the albino fry.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 03, 2015, 01:26:47 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 03, 2015, 01:20:31 PM

They are a young pair and showed me some promise. I will give them another shot and then the one after will be mine.

They are still sitting on some eggs but since the are het albino and ps I don't think it will be worth my effort because I will get some albinos and most likely they won't survive anyway.

If I had enough eggs to work with I would try to raise some of the albino fry.

I hear ya...you ideally need a nice batch of albinos to at least get some nice keepers...
Jon