• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:42:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 247
Total: 247

Water Changes All Done...except....

Started by wsantia1, November 29, 2015, 05:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

....for 1 tank. as I started the water changes the Plat PS pair decided they wanted to spawn so I bypassed their tank. As soon as I finished and put all of the maintenance stuff away I looked in the tank again and they were polishing off the last of the eggs. huh

That's it they are getting a divorce tomorrow. I will remove the female and put her into a breeding tank with a seasoned Plat male. These will give me 50% PS but there is a market out here for them. .!!.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 29, 2015, 05:44:29 PM
Sorry, Willie huh

Nothing to apologize for Liz. You did warn me about him. lol.  mim It's too bad because he is such a nice looking male. I did pull two of their spawns but all of the eggs turned white.

My other guy is a seasoned parent raiser so let's hope he hasn't lost his touch. He is HET PS so I'll get at least 50% PS. |^| |^| |^|

My LFS manager is desperate for some variety and I need to be able to give it to him. w!w
Willie

LizStreithorst

I had gotten disgusted with them.  Sometimes fish do better for other people.  In this case the male is a total moron asshole.  He'll be that way forever, I guess.  He's had enough chances...Shame since he's such a nice fish.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 29, 2015, 06:16:00 PM
I had gotten disgusted with them.  Sometimes fish do better for other people.  In this case the male is a total moron asshole.  He'll be that way forever, I guess.  He's had enough chances...Shame since he's such a nice fish.

He'll get a chance to continue to be a nice looking fish in the community tank. lol |^| |^| |^|
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 29, 2015, 05:37:44 PM
....for 1 tank. as I started the water changes the Plat PS pair decided they wanted to spawn so I bypassed their tank. As soon as I finished and put all of the maintenance stuff away I looked in the tank again and they were polishing off the last of the eggs. huh

That's it they are getting a divorce tomorrow. I will remove the female and put her into a breeding tank with a seasoned Plat male. These will give me 50% PS but there is a market out here for them. .!!.

I am a little late but I finally divorced the Plat PS Pair. I put the female from the pair in with my Plat male and they are swimming like thy have been together their whole lives. They will get one shot at raising together. If they don't the following spawn will be mine. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 03, 2015, 04:33:39 PM

I am a little late but I finally divorced the Plat PS Pair. I put the female from the pair in with my Plat male and they are swimming like thy have been together their whole lives. They will get one shot at raising together. If they don't the following spawn will be mine. huh

If you want it?...bulk em up and grab the first one...then let em practice.....why wait?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 03, 2015, 05:43:28 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on December 03, 2015, 04:33:39 PM

I am a little late but I finally divorced the Plat PS Pair. I put the female from the pair in with my Plat male and they are swimming like they have been together their whole lives. They will get one shot at raising together. If they don't the following spawn will be mine. huh

If you want it?...bulk em up and grab the first one...then let em practice.....why wait?

You're right. I am going to need them pretty soon. I've been bulking that female up for a while now. She always lays a ton of eggs too. |^| |^| |^|
Willie