• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 06:03:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 347
Total: 348

water changes are finished...

Started by Mugwump, November 28, 2015, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and that set off a few pairs cleaning and sparring..... ;D....tomorrow there will be some culling and fry moving going on here....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

LizStreithorst

Just finished mine.  I put dinner in the oven before I started and when I got through it was ready ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

big b

I can't wait for christmas, I'm gonna get my automatic water changer.

LizStreithorst

What is an automatic water changer?  I envision something with drilled tanks pumps.

big b

wsantia1

Quote from: big b on November 28, 2015, 05:48:07 PM
I just call it an automatic water changer. It's really just a python http://www.petco.com/assets/product_images/0/094036075148D.jpg :P

lol I use 2 pythons (1 for draining with a pump and 1 for filling.) It is far from automatic for me. lol huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I have a big pump to drain and just valves to turn to refill and I don't consider mine automated.

Mugwump

Pump to drain, bigger pump to fill......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on November 28, 2015, 07:35:57 PM
Smart

I do use hoses......the tanks are not drilled, but this way allows gravel cleaning when needed too...
Jon

big b

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on November 28, 2015, 07:48:22 PM
What are holes in tanks used for?

Tanks are drilled to allow for bulk head fittings to drain and refill tanks.....pvc out to a drain, or sump....and a fitting used for pumping water through pvc to fill....the pvc will have shutoff valves, etc for controlling the operation..
Jon