• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 12:56:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 224
Total: 225

Carpet steam cleaners...

Started by Mugwump, November 27, 2015, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We've had our Bissell pro hot steam cleaner for years....all the family borrows it from time to time....always did a nice job on cleaning, or touching up the carpet when needed..........now the dang thing won't spray right....soooooo....we took it apart this morn'n....cleaned the lines, pulled the water heatimg module and scrubbed out the lime/debris yada yada.......still won't work  huh.....it's either the handle switch or the pump itself that is hanging up something...??....switch does spring back right...but it sticks in the 'on' position..that rules that out...so it must be the pump itself??....

but that's a job for another day.. |^|    oh, Manny and Bandit were close by watching and supervising....LOL.....demons!!!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Don't you hate it when you tackle a repair job and spend time and thought on it and still can't fix it?  That drives me crazy and makes me feel all depressed.  It seems that you have you have ruled out everything else.  Can you buy a new pump for it and are you willing to replace it knowing that your thinking could be wrong?  I bet the pump will cost a lot.  Steam cleaners aren't expensive to rent, you know.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 27, 2015, 02:37:52 PM
Don't you hate it when you tackle a repair job and spend time and thought on it and still can't fix it?  That drives me crazy and makes me feel all depressed.  It seems that you have you have ruled out everything else.  Can you buy a new pump for it and are you willing to replace it knowing that your thinking could be wrong?  I bet the pump will cost a lot.  Steam cleaners aren't expensive to rent, you know.

naw, I don't get depressed over that kind of stuff....I'm thinking the pump just has some deposits built up....it has worked intermittently...once the pump is pulled out we'll know.....this was a $300+ rig about 10 yrs ago, or so...if I can get it to run, I'll run vinegar through it... ;D

It has served us well, so if it's a goner....so be it...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'll keep my figures crossed that vinegar will do the job  Might CLR work?  You have more fortitude that I have.  Failure, or the thought of failure whips my ass.  My stuck door nob is the perfect example.  Good luck.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

CLR was what I was going to suggest...  works miracles around here with our rock hard Ohio water plugging everything up.....

Dennis