• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:55:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 302
Total: 302

Thanksgiving football

Started by Mugwump, November 26, 2015, 06:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

With the Eagles and Lions, Panthers and Cowboys, and Bears and Packers games today.....which will you watch, and who do you think will win each game.. huh

My predictions...

Lions

Panthers

Bears

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I'll probably watch South Florida vs UCF and/or Texas Tech vs Texas.

Full day of games tomorrow with #7 Baylor at #19 TCU at 7:30pm on ESPN.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on November 26, 2015, 06:28:55 AM
With the Eagles and Lions, Panthers and Cowboys, and Bears and Packers games today.....which will you watch, and who do you think will win each game.. huh

My predictions...

Lions

Panthers

Bears

Lions beat Eagles......(1)

Panthers leading Dallas...23-6 3rd quarter, and just made another interception..looks like (2)

Bears will beat GB, in Green Bay  |^|....that'll be 3 for 3... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 26, 2015, 06:37:22 AM
I'll probably watch South Florida vs UCF and/or Texas Tech vs Texas.

Full day of games tomorrow with #7 Baylor at #19 TCU at 7:30pm on ESPN.

Dennis

My heart is with TCU.  I lived down the block from them for a couple of years and had friends who were teaching there.  They are such a little bitty college but every once in a while they come up with an exceptional football team.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Dang, I called 'em all right.......3 for 3  |^|  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Good job Jon, but the Dallas game was a gimme.....  they couldn't hang with NIU or OSU

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 27, 2015, 08:05:13 AM
Good job Jon, but the Dallas game was a gimme.....  they couldn't hang with NIU or OSU

Dennis

Yeah, even with all the hype about Romo playing....they're just terrible..

Rodgers last night, got a taste of what Cutler's been through over the years....receivers with butterfingers....and a rainy night with those balls being slippery didn't help a bit either......

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

sschind

So Wednesday afternoon I asked one of my nephews, a Bears fan, if he wanted to place a bet on the Packer/Bear game.  He says "I'll bet you $5.00 the Packers win."  I said "I'm tempted to take you up on that"  Yesterday afternoon I asked my other nephew, also a Bears fan, if he wanted to place a bet.  He says "I'll bet you $20.00 the Packers win"  I said "I'm tempted to take you up on that."

I should have taken them up on that.

Good job on starting the week 3/3 Jon and congrats to the Bears last night.  It was brutal and even he Favre ceremony was a little anemic.  They could have skipped the speeches and just let him greet all his old friends and team mates.  That was the best part, that and Bart Starr of course.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on November 27, 2015, 01:29:55 PM
So Wednesday afternoon I asked one of my nephews, a Bears fan, if he wanted to place a bet on the Packer/Bear game.  He says "I'll bet you $5.00 the Packers win."  I said "I'm tempted to take you up on that"  Yesterday afternoon I asked my other nephew, also a Bears fan, if he wanted to place a bet.  He says "I'll bet you $20.00 the Packers win"  I said "I'm tempted to take you up on that."

Good job on starting the week 3/3 Jon and congrats to the Bears last night.  It was brutal and even he Favre ceremony was a little anemic.  They could have skipped the speeches and just let him greet all his old friends and team mates.  That was the best part, that and Bart Starr of course.

If you are a Bears fan, there is a 'Cardinal rule'...never bet against the Bears....If you're not sure..don't bet...but never, ever, bet against them, it'll bite ya in the butt every time...LOL

Aron's receivers, last night, look like what Jay has had to put up with for years....da' slippery hands....only difference is most of Jay's ended up as interceptions..... ;D
Jon

sschind

Quote from: Mugwump on November 27, 2015, 01:55:11 PM

If you are a Bears fan, there is a 'Cardinal rule'...never bet against the Bears....If you're not sure..don't bet...but never, ever, bet against them, it'll bite ya in the butt every time...LOL

Aron's receivers, last night, look like what Jay has had to put up with for years....da' slippery hands....only difference is most of Jay's ended up as interceptions..... ;D

These are young teenagers Jon their sports allegiances change with the wind.  Not that they are not Bears fans, just their confidence changes pretty much with every play.

As far as Cutler and Rodgers I didn't think I'd ever say this but I think I might rather have Cutler right now.  Our receivers are dropping a lot but there is something off about Rodgers as well.  Jay seems to have fixed his issues while Aaron has developed a few of his own.

I was expecting a Packers win but I figured it would be tough.  Looks like we will have to wait until next year to even the series.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on November 27, 2015, 03:26:37 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 27, 2015, 01:55:11 PM

These are young teenagers Jon their sports allegiances change with the wind.  Not that they are not Bears fans, just their confidence changes pretty much with every play.

As far as Cutler and Rodgers I didn't think I'd ever say this but I think I might rather have Cutler right now.  Our receivers are dropping a lot but there is something off about Rodgers as well.  Jay seems to have fixed his issues while Aaron has developed a few of his own.

I was expecting a Packers win but I figured it would be tough.  Looks like we will have to wait until next year to even the series.

I'll have to agree with the Rodgers/Cutler choice.....for some reason I've always liked Jay..he's a gamer, but hasn't been a smart gamer at times...whether it's maturing or what?..his play has finally solidified into being a pretty dang good QB.....

Rodger's receivers sure don't help his confidence any....wow....he must drop back in the pocket and be thinking..'well who has a better chance of catching this one??'....that's crazy.....

Jon