• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 12:34:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 261
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 303
Total: 303

Liver health

Started by Rjb3, December 28, 2015, 08:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

I just finished reading a few articles on liver health and function. I've always done what I could providing additives in my fish food to increase liver function, but today opened up a whole new world. I placed an order for four more additives to help increase liver health and function.

The liver processes most of the nutrients absorbed by the intestines. It filters the blood removing toxins. It controls the amounts of sugar, fat, and protein in the blood. The liver stores iron and vitamin A.

Albumin is produced by the liver. It helps fluids flow through the body by controlling the colloid oncotic pressure and electrolyte balance. It is also a free radical scavenger. The chemical bonds in nature are not always exact. Some bonds break during metabolism and create free radicals. They're short an electron and steal one from a healthy atom. Free radicals cause cell damage and disease. Antioxidants neutralize them by safely giving up an electron and remaining stable.

If you want healthy fish, they need healthy livers.

wsantia1

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 28, 2015, 08:32:07 AM
I just finished reading a few articles on liver health and function. I've always done what I could providing additives in my fish food to increase liver function, but today opened up a whole new world. I placed an order for four more additives to help increase liver health and function.

The liver processes most of the nutrients absorbed by the intestines. It filters the blood removing toxins. It controls the amounts of sugar, fat, and protein in the blood. The liver stores iron and vitamin A.

Albumin is produced by the liver. It helps fluids flow through the body by controlling the colloid oncotic pressure and electrolyte balance. It is also a free radical scavenger. The chemical bonds in nature are not always exact. Some bonds break during metabolism and create free radicals. They're short an electron and steal one from a healthy atom. Free radicals cause cell damage and disease. Antioxidants neutralize them by safely giving up an electron and remaining stable.

Same thing goes for humans. I have first hand knowledge but thankfully I am healthy now. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 28, 2015, 08:32:07 AM

Makes sense.....how much does it take to bring it up to snuff?......I imagine that it's a liquid, right?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

They come in both dry, liquid, and oil. I have several types on the way. It doesn't take much.

I just got off the phone with the supplier. They're sending me more stuff.

LizStreithorst

I should probably be putting it in the food I eat.
Always move forward. Never look back.