• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 11:44:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 213
Total: 214

HOT Mag's

Started by Mugwump, November 24, 2015, 08:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sschind

Quote from: Mugwump on November 28, 2015, 07:58:00 PM
Quote from: sschind on November 28, 2015, 07:52:35 PM
Hope you don't mind a plug Jon.  Bruce at Broad street pets in lake Geneva has 1 hot magnum in stock and says he can get more.

....that's good to know..thanks Steve....but I'd be leery of his saying that he can get more....even Ebay/Amazon/etc are out...

He has a customer, actually it was a customer of Ken's, who got a bunch a while back from where he worked. I don't know how many he has but I wouldn't be surprised if he ha some. I'm not sure of the details but I know he had lots of filters.  There is a company in Lake Geneva that deals with making all the signs for Petco and I think they print a lot of the boxes for many manufacturers. I think they did repackaging when companies changed boxes and stuff like that.  Every so often they would simply clean house and throw tons of filters in the dumpster. This guy would bring us new Aquaclear filters in old packaging or new filters with no packaging.  Filters in the wrong packaging We would get filters with no motors or canister filters with no hoses or impellers.  Everything was brand new sometimes it just wasn't complete.  Lots of times it was though.

I would be very very surprised if Marineland didn't come up with something to replace the HOT magnum however.  I don't think there is anything on the market like it is there. Its a great filter.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB