• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 04:06:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 167
Total: 167

Albums in storage.....

Started by BallAquatics, November 19, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 19, 2015, 03:25:53 PM
I heard about dishwashing liquid. I will try that before I play another LP. I would say that most of these albums haven't been on a turntable in 40 years.

LOL.....most of mine close to that too....lots of very good stuff just sitting there.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Well all I can say is you guys need to get off your butts and get moving.  It's easy to get used to listening to crappy digital music in this digital world.  Some good old vinyl on a vintage system will make you feel young again!   w!w

Dennis

Mugwump

Yep, Dennis...that rig you have should do just fine   |^| w!w |^|...how many watts are you pushing there??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I need to find a good rig like that. The crap I have I picked up because I did not have anything. The only thing it has going for it is that it is new and can play 78s. I played 1 album on it and that was Santana's second album Abraxas. It was ok as it didn't skip but it sure had a lot of static. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2015, 05:49:05 PM
Yep, Dennis...that rig you have should do just fine   |^| w!w |^|...how many watts are you pushing there??

If memory serves it's something like 100 watts continuous, 250 watts peak.  Way more than I ever use.  LOL  Def Leppard at around 45 watts and things start coming off the walls.   ;D

Dennis

https://youtu.be/nUW5nyM1O5o

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 19, 2015, 06:14:42 PM
I need to find a good rig like that. The crap I have I picked up because I did not have anything.

I just lucked into this system.  I purchased it new in 1979 for around $1500.00  The place I got it from was going to stop handeling Sansui and it was a floor model so I got it for less than 1/2 price.  That was for the amp, pre-amp, tuner, and speakers.  Those black Nakamichi 670ZX cassette decks were $1150.00 each back in 1979.

1979 was the year I started doing environmental remediation.  I paid less for a new Dodge D-150 pick-up than the stereo system when all the dust had cleared.  LOL  I've still got the stereo though.....   
.!!. =;-) .!!.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 19, 2015, 06:36:33 PM
I need to find a good rig like that. The crap I have I picked up because I did not have anything.

I just lucked into this system.  I purchased it new in 1979 for around $1500.00  The place I got it from was going to stop handeling Sansui and it was a floor model so I got it for less than 1/2 price.  That was for the amp, pre-amp, tuner, and speakers.  Those black Nakamichi 670ZX cassette decks were $1150.00 each back in 1979.

1979 was the year I started doing environmental remediation.  I paid less for a new Dodge D-150 pick-up than the stereo system when all the dust had cleared.  LOL  I've still got the stereo though.....   
.!!. =;-) .!!.

Dennis

Yeah baby !!!....good sound rules......my xp10 speakers are in different cabinets in the fish room.....boom boom boom.. w!w
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2015, 06:41:47 PM
Quote from: BallAquatics on November 19, 2015, 06:36:33 PM

.!!. =;-) .!!.

Dennis

Yeah baby !!!....good sound rules......my xp10 speakers are in different cabinets in the fish room.....boom boom boom.. w!w

You guys are way above of my league. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2015, 06:41:47 PM

It has turned out to be a pretty good investment.  If you look at some of the prices on E-Bay, good quality stereo equipment is worth as much or more than it was new.

Most of the stuff they sell today isn't even close to the same build quality.

Dennis