• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:25:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 360
Total: 361

A. Agassizi anyone

Started by Second Hand Pat, November 19, 2015, 09:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Second Hand Pat

Quote from: Mugwump on November 29, 2015, 07:15:39 AM
of course every time that I see 'A. Agassizi' ....I think of...

Hmm...like my male better  |^|
Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

BallAquatics

He wishes he was still that young  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 29, 2015, 08:37:49 AM
He wishes he was still that young  LOL

Dennis

don't we all....LOL......but his matches with Sampras were classics...I think I read somewhere that he wore a wig....he was loosing his hair early?????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Second Hand Pat

Also have a group of A. Elisabethe. This young male may amount to something.

Ron Sower

Pat, I've had several Apistos in the past 3 years. They're an interesting and beautiful genus. How long have you been keeping and breeding them. Around here in our club the A. cacatuoides have been running rampant in their different color intensities..red, double reds, triple reds, orange flames, etc.  Kinda like guppies, but not quite as many variations....yet!

Once you get away from that species, I really think the A. agassizi is one of the better looking ones due to the fact that the female colors up so yellow for spawning.  I kept mine in a 55 community tank and the young only made it so far, even though the parents exhibited the typical parental care behavior with them. 

How many and which species are you keeping?

I want a fish room again!!!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Second Hand Pat

Hi Ron, I have only had apistos about six months now. I do have a pair of A. agassizi who have a second spawn which about a week old. You can see the agassizi pair in this video with their week old fry.

I have some juvies from the first spawn and they are starting to show gender differences now. The first spawn is about four months old. So I current only have the agassizi pair and I have six of the a. elisabethe; two males and four females. I have about ten juvies from the first spawn and guesses the second spawn is about 40.

I agree these are beautiful little fish and love the parental care.
Pat

Second Hand Pat

I know a couple things need to change in this tank. I have a group of six A. Elizabethae; two males and four females. Also in this tank is three of my F1 A. Agassizii The fish are in a 50 gallon tank. Need to remove the three F1s and the lowest ranking male and female A. Elizabethae. I do beleive the female in the center cave is coming into spawn mode however.