• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 06:03:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 292
Total: 293

Ohio Cichlid Association Extravanza

Started by BallAquatics, November 18, 2015, 05:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I'm going to try and take a day off just to unwind and catch up with friends this Saturday.  I've missed all of the fall auctions and club functions so the gang is doing their best to persuade me into making the ride up to Cleveland.

It's certainly not my favorite event, but it is the last of the season in these parts and brings almost everyone out for one last get to gather before winter sets in.

Dennis

Mugwump

The trip will do you good, Drive safely, have a good time.  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 18, 2015, 06:22:39 AM
The trip will do you good, Drive safely, have a good time.  ;D

+1. Have a great time. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

John Patakos

the wife and i will be there..hopefully i will sell a whole bunch of food so i can buy groceries...lol
stop in to see us if you come up Dennis..

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 18, 2015, 05:29:06 AM
I'm going to try and take a day off just to unwind and catch up with friends this Saturday.  I've missed all of the fall auctions and club functions so the gang is doing their best to persuade me into making the ride up to Cleveland.

It's certainly not my favorite event, but it is the last of the season in these parts and brings almost everyone out for one last get to gather before winter sets in.

Dennis

Good.  You need it.  I'm glad that the nice folks there twisted your arm.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Thanks for the encouragement folks.  While Terri isn't any better, she is stable and holding her own.  I'm thinking I should be able to take a few hours for some R & R.

Quote from: John Patakos on November 18, 2015, 03:18:19 PM
the wife and i will be there..  stop in to see us if you come up Dennis..

John, will you be in the vendor area or selling out of your room?  I's looking like I'll be there between 11:00am and 3:00pm on Saturday.  I'm hoping to be back in time to catch the end of the MSU / OSU game.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Certainly isn't looking good for MSU, darn it.  So Dennis, you should have an overall good day..enjoy.

BTW....very nice avatar.  My CPDs from you are still going strong.... cute, happy and healthy.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Great to hear your CPD's are doing well Pauline.  After raising thousands of them since 2008 I've only got a handful going in the fish room.  I really need to make an effort to keep them going.

The avatar is a CPD photo I got from the English photographer Peter Maguire.....  In my Danio adventures on the Internet, I have run across several very talented photographers and they have all kindly given me carte blanche to use their photos.

As for the football, I wouldn't bet on either team.  Neither OSU or MSU have played up to their potential this year.  I was very disappointed when MSU lost to Nebraska, but they had no one to blame but themselves...  they had every opportunity.  Maybe OSU will peak late like they did last year, or rise to a higher level of play against better teams.  I'm not holding my breath though.  MSU or, heaven forbid, Michigan both will have a good chance to beat them if they don't play better than they have been.

As strange as it may sound, they don't have to win to make me happy.  Just play good football.  I guess that's why, even at 10-0 this season hasn't been all that satisfying or enjoyable.  That said, in retrospect, perhaps I'm being way too hard on them.  I read a piece not too long ago that had all the specs and showed that they were playing on par or better than this same time last year.  Ah, last year, we expected failure without Braxton and were ticked pink with the end results.  This year, we expect the world, and aren't happy with an undefeated season.....

Dennis

PaulineMi

Dennis not playing to their potential is what's made MSU kind of a disappointment for us this year also. So here's hoping for a good game Saturday.  |^|
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)