• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:15:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 331
Total: 332

Dinner

Started by LizStreithorst, November 16, 2015, 05:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've been on a Mexican food kick here lately.  Tonight I made enchiladas Suisas.  It's much better when I make it myself that when I order it at a restaurant.  I sure wish we had a little tortilla factory around.  The store bought tortillas are a poor substitute for the real thing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

,,have ever just tossed flour tortillas on top of a gas burner and mildly toast them, flipping with fork....then butter them, roll and eat like a snack??...you can dip em if you want, or roll em up with cheese inside ....dang good munchies... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Fried chicken, potato salad and a big slice of carrot cake. I brought all of it from the local supermarket and it was good.  |^| |^| |^|

I have some boneless chicken breast in the fridge to cooked tomorrow. Looking for an easy recipe that doesn't need any ingredients than what I already have in the kitchen cabinets already. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

MMMmmmm...a big piece of fudge... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Pastina and a left over steak. Don't do mexican ever.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 16, 2015, 07:16:14 PM

Too bad, they is some wonderful Mexican dishes...
Jon

ilroost

Chilli dogs here tonite

LizStreithorst

If you had ever lived in Mexico you would't say that.  Real Mexican food is wonderful.  It just takes a bit of time to get used to the hot chilies that burn your mouth. Once your mouth learns to handle the heat it can taste the flavor.  I had a few favorite restaurants while I was in school but the best stuff was from ladies making and selling little corn flower filled delicacies on on the sidewalk.  They made for me to order in like  minutes.  I loved it when the tamale man came around, too.  It would always be after dark, once every few weeks.  Mexican food here in the US has no character.

BillT

These food posts remind me of something I once heard:

There are two kinds of people: those that live to eat and those that eat to live.

I think I tend to be more of the second.

LizStreithorst

I'm most assuredly the second.  I wouldn't bother eating if I didn't need food to keep me alive.  But when I eat, I want it to be good.

BillT

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 16, 2015, 09:07:07 PM

If you had ever lived in Mexico you would't say that.  Real Mexican food is wonderful.  It just takes a bit of time to get used to the hot chilies that burn your mouth. Once your mouth learns to handle the heat it can taste the flavor.  I had a few favorite restaurants while I was in school but the best stuff was from ladies making and selling little corn flower filled delicacies on on the sidewalk.  They made for me to order in like  minutes.  I loved it when the tamale man came around, too.  It would always be after dark, once every few weeks.  Mexican food here in the US has no character.

Liz I don't have to live in Mexico to taste authentic Mexican. Every year during our missions conference Mexican Nationals come to it looking for us to continue supporting them. They cook authentic dishes. My father in law is Cuban and many members of his church are Mexicans. Born and raised there. I've tried the food.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were