• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 261
Total: 261

Peyton breaks yardage record.....

Started by BallAquatics, November 16, 2015, 05:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

..... and then starts on Brett's interception record.....  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 16, 2015, 05:07:50 AM
..... and then starts on Brett's interception record.....  LOL

Dennis

When you throw that many passes, the odds of an interception multiple a whole lot...and I don't see how they can charge the QB with an Int when the receiver touches the ball, and then gets it knocked out for the Int...deflections and Int's yes...and clear throws picked off, sure... but not everyone Int is his fault....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

LOL  I think Brett's other record is safe.  Payton just doesn't have the flair for picks that Brett did.....  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 16, 2015, 06:19:38 AM
LOL  I think Brett's other record is safe.  Payton just doesn't have the flair for picks that Brett did.....  LOL

Dennis

Brett was trying to win too many games on his own.....and forced a lot of passes...but.....a lot of them did the job too...I guess it's price they pay for giving it all......Cutler's of that mold too....but looks like he's finally maturing....Eli too....all the better, and great, QB's tossed em...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

I kinda wish our current QB wouldn't be so darn afraid to take a risk with a pass every now and then.  Yeah his TD/INT ratio is incredible but I take a few more picks if he would just try to get the ball in there.

I'll say this but if you quote me I'll deny it and claim my account was hacked but the way the two QBs are playing right now I'd take Cutler over Rodgers.  Rodgers has something in his head and he is acting like Jay was for most of his career in Chicago.  I think the only thing keeping his INTs down is his personal aversion to them.  He hates them so much he won't take chances even when he probably should.  Fox seems to have figured Jay out and may finally be getting the QB the Bears had hoped for when they traded for him.

I think Bretts INT record is safe though.  That and the consecutive game thing will probably be the only ones he ends up keeping.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB