• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:27:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 245
Total: 245

My Carpenter

Started by LizStreithorst, November 14, 2015, 03:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

He's the guy I bought Charlotte from.  He's also the guy who fixed my fish room. I was afraid that since he is such an excellent carpenter that he wouldn't be interested in fixing my falling down pasture fence that I could do myself if I weren't so damn lazy.  He said that he would, to just call when I was ready to do it.  I need to spend on other stuff first but with this money falling from the sky from Social Security it won't be long.  While he is here I will get an estimate on rebuilding the racks in the fish room.  It will be quite a job because I have 22 tanks in on 3  2 tier racks that will have to me moved without air unless I buy a huge roll of air line while he's building.  He will have to think of the best way to do it.  I will 'splain it to him and he'll figure the best way and run it by me.  He's was very protective of the fish last time he worked in the fish room.  He knew that if fish were to die by a mistake of his I would never trust him again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 14, 2015, 03:33:12 PM
He's the guy I bought Charlotte from.  He's also the guy who fixed my fish room. I was afraid that since he is such an excellent carpenter that he wouldn't be interested in fixing my falling down pasture fence that I could do myself if I weren't so damn lazy.  He said that he would, to just call when I was ready to do it.  I need to spend on other stuff first but with this money falling from the sky from Social Security it won't be long.  While he is here I will get an estimate on rebuilding the racks in the fish room.  It will be quite a job because I have 22 tanks in on 3  2 tier racks that will have to me moved without air unless I buy a huge roll of air line while he's building.  He will have to think of the best way to do it.  I will 'splain it to him and he'll figure the best way and run it by me.  He's was very protective of the fish last time he worked in the fish room.  He knew that if fish were to die by a mistake of his I would never trust him again.

cool.....any special reason that you want new racks??...configuration ?...wrong wood on originals ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The guy who first built the fish room had built his own fish room before.  I like the man but he did not do a good job.  He knew what tanks would go where.  He had to come back later and put in an extra support because of a sag under a 100 gallon on the top rack.  The support cuts the view of a 60 wide in half.  He told me that he would build it with proper support but he built the stands at home and when he put them in place here the didn't hadn't built them the way he said.  He said that they would work.  He talked about how much weight screws alone would support and I believed him even though my eyes told me otherwise.

It was a job poorly done that will last for years, but I don't like it.  I know very well that stands can be built correctly.  That man I lived with in Mobile did it by me giving him measurements over the phone.  He could do anything with carpentry but he was basically a foundation man.  He knew how to hold stuff up from the base.  Does that make sense?

Always move forward. Never look back.