• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 10:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 174
Total: 174

Paris today....

Started by Ron Sower, November 14, 2015, 12:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Today has been Friday the 13th. Our world is having some real problems.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 16, 2015, 10:31:40 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 16, 2015, 07:57:00 PM
Bluntness doesn't bother me.  I'd rather see someone state his mind than sissy out.  Most of my fiends disagree with me when it comes to political stuff.  None of them are underhanded about it.  We know and respect one another's points of view.  I didn't find "8's" post to be too graphic.  I know that the fanatics would stone me.  They sure 'nuff wouldn't rape me.

While we may disagree politically Liz you having spunk is meant fully as a compliment. You are a women that speaks her mind and stands up for herself. You know what you want and get it. You don't take crap. I like that.

Jon, to be graphic I would have had to talk about goats.

I wanted to avoid these kinds of topics here on the forum....and no, not to hide from the things going on in the world but because the arguments and discussions bring out the worst in people out to defend their positions on them. If we want violence, political debate, religious arguments we can just turn on our TV to any news station....or find a forum that delights in rowdy, disrespectful banter between 'combatants' ??....
  This forum has been about fish, and us fish keepers, and we've shared good times and bad times together. Do we really need the friction from these types of arguments to possibly divide us? .... nope....

Here's the thread we pinned for any more of these discussions.....

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com//index.php?topic=6135.0

Use it if you want....but other areas here are off limits to these topics....anyone that wants to read them and discuss/argue them can find them at that location....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson