• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:23:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 265
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 272
Total: 272

What Strain is This

Started by PaulineMi, February 04, 2013, 10:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

This is a photo that is on NADA and I love this discus.  What strain is it (I think it shows up as White Pigeon Blood) and is it something that is readily or rarely available?  Peppering is a real possibility, right?

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Whatever it is...it's a gorgeous Discus.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Why NADA chose this picture of a White Butterfuly is beyond me.  The fish belonged to me.  It is not a good example of white butterflys we have these days.  The pic must be 7 years old.  The fish has a poor shape.  It it's favor, it shows little pepper which was  hard to get back them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

That's yours?!?!!!  I think you have quite the background that I'm only beginning to realize.  I'm reading the "Simply Discus" and "Discus as a Hobby" topics daily and I found a thread where you were breeding angelfish.  If I remember correctly you even had Peruvian scalare. 

Anyway, you have a very well educated eye so you are likely way more critical of the discus in the picture than most of us would be. I only hope that my white butterfly grows up to be half that beautiful.

Awesome Liz.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Yep, our Liz is a lady of many talents.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

I think it is beautiful too, even if not a blue ribbon winner.  I don't know how to judge like Liz does, but I do know a pretty fish when my eyes see one.  This is pretty Liz.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Give me a break, please,  The fish belonged to me.  I bought it.  I guess by the standards 7 years ago it was it good fish.  By today's standards the fish is piss poor.  Back then, Cary Strong was the White Butterfly man.

May we please change the subject?  I don't care that the fish is pictured on the NADA web site and that I owned it.  They never asked permission to use the picture of my fish.  Look at it's conformation.  The fish ain't much. 
Always move forward. Never look back.