• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:14:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 309
Total: 309

You should see Charlotte

Started by LizStreithorst, November 06, 2015, 03:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I finally had afternoon dogs so dropped Charlotte off with Chip this morning so his shiny man could work his magic.  It was pissing down rain this afternoon.  I wasn't looking forward to walking to his shop to pick her up when Shiny Man and Chip delivered her to my shop.  You should see her.  The lady with the shop next door asked me if I'd had her painted!  She looks like it.  Heck...she looks like a brand new truck.

The guy charged me $60. just like he said.  I said, "You need more.  You are an artiste".  He said no, but I tipped him $10.  I told him what I told y'all, that I get $42 for a little dogs that takes 45 minutes.  I said, "you worked".  He was happy and I am beyond delighted.  I'm going to have to quit leaving the keys in her from now on.  She will be a target for Charlotte thieves.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

That's great Liz.  It's always a treat when you get real value for a service you've paid for.   |^|

Photos please..... maybe before & after?

Dennis

LizStreithorst

There's a pic here somewhere of what she looked like after I rubbed her out and waxed her.  I'll see if I can find them.  She looked good and clean but she was not the shining star she is after Shiny Man had his way with her.  I'll get a current pic when it stops raining.

BallAquatics

LizStreithorst

Thank you Dennis dear.  I finally found them but you found them first.  I'll take shiny pics tomorrow if it's not raining.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Still raining.  I want to take the pics when the sun comes through.

I am not complaining about the rain.  Our soil needs it and can absorb more.  Other that for a few short downpours it has been fairly gentle.

LizStreithorst

I have not forgotten.  I've been waiting for the sun to come out.  Here is my sleek black beauty in all her magnificent glory.  Is she not something to behold?  You almost need  8)  to look at her without being blinded ;)  A guy at the beer store said, "nice truck".  I felt like a proud mother.

Mugwump

...very nicely done....she's 'puuurty'... =;-)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thank you, gentlemen.  She is one fine little old lady.  Just like me 8)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 10, 2015, 03:18:50 PM
Thank you, gentlemen.  She is one fine little old lady.  Just like me 8)

|^|    =;-)
Jon

Barb

Wow, she reminds me of black patent leather shoes, or my spit shined leather oxfords we wore in basic training.  Oh the cotton balls and shoe polish.........
Barb

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

She will always be my most beloved mechanical child.  I take care of The Beast but I will never fall in love with him.