• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:01:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 233
Total: 233

If you could relocate....

Started by Mugwump, November 02, 2015, 06:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 02, 2015, 09:57:32 AM
....or even Kentucky ??

Kentucky, WV, Roanoke, all along the Blue Ridge Mountains is beautiful country.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 02, 2015, 05:29:36 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 02, 2015, 09:57:32 AM
....or even Kentucky ??

Kentucky, WV, Roanoke, all along the Blue Ridge Mountains is beautiful country.

Dennis

I saw smoke from a still in that top pic..... w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

I'm happy right here out in the country. Closest neighbor is 2 miles away. Do anything I want. Hell sit out on the porch in my fruit of a looms if I want and have my morning coffee(oh wait I already do that)

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on November 02, 2015, 06:06:24 PM
I'm happy right here out in the country. Closest neighbor is 2 miles away. Do anything I want. Hell sit out on the porch in my fruit of a looms if I want and have my morning coffee(oh wait I already do that)

LOL..... w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: ilroost on November 02, 2015, 06:06:24 PM

Hang out the laundry in the altogether when the weather is warm?  Pee outside if that's where you are when you need to pee?  I do both.  I have closer neighbors than you have but we cannot see one another's house from our own house.   w!w
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

It's interesting that this subject thread has come up at this time. Lucy and I have been contemplating this for our retirement time...although I thought we'd already retired. huh  But getting back into real estate part-time, which I like, but sometimes is more than part-time, kinda makes me un-retired! She has quit the business now, unless one of her best clients in the past decides to buy another rental property.

Here's where she and I are a lot different and it does cause some issues between us. She wants to have 2 places; 1 here in the NW for the summers, and one down in AZ for the winter. That would make us snowbirds I guess. And there are a number of our neighbors in our community that do this. BUT, I like to have a single home with my fish and I don't want to go traipsing off, leaving them behind to suffer at the hands of someone who could even be a worse caretaker than I!  ???

But, like Dennis, I would probably return to the Roanoke area in VA, if it were just I. I'd find a place just outside of town. Lucy doesn't want to live that far away from her daughter and our granddaughter. The trip back to Roanoke for Mom's funeral made me realize even more, after 17 years living out here, how much I miss my home town.

By the way Dennis, those photos were awesome. Did you capture those images??

And Barb, as noted before, I came really close to living in your area. It is a lovely place to be; close to a lot of fishing! I loved the short time I was working down there. Nothing wrong with your area.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 03, 2015, 10:46:00 AM
By the way Dennis, those photos were awesome. Did you capture those images??

Thanks Ron.  NOT my photos, just something I found on the web.  Tons of great shots in Google Images if you search "Blue Ridge Mountains".

https://www.google.com/search?q=Blue+Ridge+Mountains&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CCkQsARqFQoTCLeY0K_P9cgCFROQjgod0WwIHA&biw=1280&bih=675

Dennis

PaulineMi

I'd like to travel the U.S. to find out if there's somewhere I'd like to settle. There's so much beauty out there I'd love to experience it all.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 03, 2015, 07:41:03 PM
I'd like to travel the U.S. to find out if there's somewhere I'd like to settle.

I would agree.  I long for a motorcycle tour through the rural South, or perhaps out through the west where the road seems to go on forever.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

If you get on the bike and drive to Mississippi I will be able to show you the killer town I work in where every ones is kind.  There are murals painted on the outside walls of some of businesses. We have old stuff that has history behind it.  It's small though.  It doesn't take long to see it all.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

If I get down that way, rest assured, I'll drop by to pay you a visit Liz.

Dennis

John Patakos

i have had a number of opportunities to move.even had a chance to get into a fishstore for almost nothing.  but i always think about certain areas.
i was invited to move and take over a fish store about 15 years ago.but i decided not to go.smart move.the shop was in New Orleans..had chances to go elsewhere.Florida,California and a few others..
i don't want to live where there are poisonous critters all over the place.or critters that want to have me for dinner.no desire to live somewhere that floods or has giant mudslides and huge forest fires.hurricanes.tornados.extreme bitter cold or deadly heat.all of the really comfortable places to live have too many negatives such as those mentioned.and on top of that ,they cost more to live in than i could ever earn.
not a whole lot happens around where i live ; but it is "The Best Location In The Nation".

big b

Hello Mug, Bet you didn't know I was here, did ya?

big b

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on November 21, 2015, 01:38:22 PM
Hello Mug, Bet you didn't know I was here, did ya?

*snicker*...I always know when you're here..... ;D
Jon