• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 340
Total: 340

Win 10.....

Started by Mugwump, October 25, 2015, 03:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Just finished the Window 10 update. Don't notice anything different yet. I am going to go into settings to make sure it didn't put everything back to default status. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 18, 2015, 07:16:17 AM
Just finished the Window 10 update. Don't notice anything different yet. I am going to go into settings to make sure it didn't put everything back to default status. ::)

Everything is still as I set it. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 18, 2015, 07:17:36 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on November 18, 2015, 07:16:17 AM

Everything is still as I set it. |^| |^| |^|

+1.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

When I logged in on my desktop I found that Windows 10 updated overnight with all of the changes to the upgrade. I did have to redo everything I did to it before and it completely removed Java from my system. huh

It was actually easier to turn things on and off after the update. I will wait and see how the Java removal will impact what I do. I won't reinstall it until it is necessary. ::)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 19, 2015, 08:47:53 AM
When I logged in on my desktop I found that Windows 10 updated overnight with all of the changes to the upgrade. I did have to redo everything I did to it before and it completely removed Java from my system. huh

It was actually easier to turn things on and off after the update. I will wait and see how the Java removal will impact what I do. I won't reinstall it until it is necessary. ::)

I'll bet Java is still there.....check your program files...I've found things moved around too on the desktop....shortcuts missing..yada yada....I think the updates involve the Win10 compatible proggies, and doesn't recognize those not updated yet...???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2015, 09:03:36 AM

I'll bet Java is still there.....check your program files...I've found things moved around too on the desktop....shortcuts missing..yada yada....I think the updates involve the Win10 compatible proggies, and doesn't recognize those not updated yet...???

I'll look around for it but when I woke the desktop up this morning it actually told me (in writing of course) that it removed Java. My laptop did not upgrade yet. Probably because I had it closed and then it hibernates. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 19, 2015, 09:09:00 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2015, 09:03:36 AM

I'll look around for it but when I woke the desktop up this morning it actually told me (in writing of course) that it removed Java. My laptop did not upgrade yet. Probably because I had it closed and then it hibernates. huh

..really???...a mssg??...haven't had one of those yet.....
Jon

BallAquatics

I'll look around for it but when I woke the desktop up this morning it actually told me (in writing of course) that it removed Java.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me given that Open Office uses Java.  They probably will use some security excuse for removing it.  At one time Java Script could be a security problem on websites, but Java proper is a programming language, it's just NOT an M$ programming language.

Windows 10 was starting to gain some traction too.  Leave it to the Harvard big money boys now running M$ to find a way to screw it up.  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 19, 2015, 10:33:48 AM
I'll look around for it but when I woke the desktop up this morning it actually told me (in writing of course) that it removed Java.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me given that Open Office uses Java.  They probably will use some security excuse for removing it.  At one time Java Script could be a security problem on websites, but Java proper is a programming language, it's just NOT an M$ programming language.

Windows 10 was starting to gain some traction too.  Leave it to the Harvard big money boys now running M$ to find a way to screw it up.  LOL

Dennis

Probably why my Java is still intact...I loaded Open Office and so it'll be seen as requiring it.....If Willie only uses it occasionally, there's no 'hook' showing a need for it..???  Even Paul's calculator is occasional for me...I believe when I downloaded Open Office it was for Win10...?
Jon

wsantia1

Paul's calculator works fine on my laptop. Let's see what happens after it updates. I don't remember if I have Paul's calculator on my desktop. huh next time I'm on the desktop I will install it and see what happens.
Willie