• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 12:07:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,317
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 213
Total: 213

Anybody find out...??

Started by Mugwump, October 20, 2015, 01:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

I received the package at my front door today while I was out. It looks great but the power cord is much longer and has a breaker (GFCI) on the part that goes into the outlet. |^| |^| |^| What a shame to discontinue this fine product. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

LizStreithorst

Just got home and opened the boxes 'cause I was curious myself.  They do indeed have the GFI.  Strange.  I've never ever had a Magnum trip a GFI's made in the breakers in my breaker box.  I wonder if may be someone got a big shock from the an old one and sued the company and they discontinued them.  Perhaps we are getting the first of the new models they're making. 

I can't figure it...plain brown box and an improved design.  What do you think is up?  In any case I'm pleased to have 4 more, most of which will be stored until I need them.  I depend on these filters.

BallAquatics

I though it was explained in the E-Bay listing.....  commercial model with longer cord and GFI, were sold to people who performed tank maintenance.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I didn't even notice that, Dennis.  They even had a pic of the GFI that I didn't notice :-[  I've never seen a commercial model anywhere before, have you?  Do you think it might be something new?

BallAquatics

No, I imagine they sold them all along.  The plain brown box is the give-away it was commercial oriented.

Dennis

wsantia1

I totally missed it too. huh That's okay at least I have one. I am up to a total of 5 with one running as a regular HOB filter. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

We all need to write a letter of complaint to Marineland bitching about them discontinuing the 250's and begging them to put them back into production.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 20, 2015, 06:26:47 PM
We all need to write a letter of complaint to Marineland bitching about them discontinuing the 250's and begging them to put them back into production.

Yup ... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 20, 2015, 06:30:47 PM

Yup ... 8)

I'll be glad to. Another thing they did was remove almost all of the spare parts for the Hot Mag from their website. I got some things from Big Al's but I was getting them directly from Marineland at a fair price before. How long before Big Al's stops selling spare parts. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 20, 2015, 06:35:20 PM

Yup ... 8)

I'll be glad to. Another thing they did was remove almost all of the spare parts for the Hot Mag from their website. I got some things from Big Al's but I was getting them directly from Marineland at a fair price before. How long before Big Al's stops selling spare parts. huh

Yes, I should stock up on impellers.... w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 20, 2015, 06:37:05 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on November 20, 2015, 06:35:20 PM

Yup ... 8)

Yes, I should stock up on impellers.... w!w

That will be my next order.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I found the place to write a letter to them.  http://www.marineland.com/contact-us-aquarium-help-and-support/Email-Marineland-contact-us.aspx  I sent them my letter.  I was polite but strong.  I basically asked, why did you do this to us when so many of us depend on these?  If they don't give me a good answer I will not be a fan if this company.

wsantia1

Thanks Liz. I will send then a note in the morning when I am of sound mind. w!w
Willie