• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 02:36:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Hmmm...Shrek and Fiona...

Started by Mugwump, October 20, 2015, 05:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 25, 2015, 07:15:55 PM
I have one, it's already got a cinnamon faced cockatiel in it.

She needs company.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

He doesn't, he's a old man. He's been the only bird in there for the past ten years. Not too sure how he would like a new friend.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 25, 2015, 07:34:25 PM
He doesn't, he's a old man. He's been the only bird in there for the past ten years. Not too sure how he would like a new friend.

maybe a little sweetheart would do the old boy good ??... w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Maybe, I'll have to discuss it with Michelle.
Scott

Mugwump

Sadly, we lost one of the babies this morn'n.....odd...it was the first hatched and the largest....they must have quit feeding it because the gullet was empty..
We'll watch closely now to see if the others need to be pulled early....
Jon

wsantia1

Sorry you lost one of them. Hopefully the other two will carry on for him/her.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 26, 2015, 09:59:09 AM

What's odd is that it was the oldest one, hatched out about a week before the other two......but even then, this is the most fertile batch of eggs so far...and they are an older couple..
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 26, 2015, 12:30:52 PM

What's odd is that it was the oldest one, hatched out about a week before the other two......but even then, this is the most fertile batch of eggs so far...and they are an older couple..

When I had birds (Budgies a long time ago) they used to always seemed to get pneumonia. I like them a lot. Maybe now that I have more time to care for them properly I'll get one. I'll see what you have when I come up for NADA. I'll be driving in case I have to bring back some fish too. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 26, 2015, 12:38:01 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 26, 2015, 12:30:52 PM

When I had birds (Budgies a long time ago) they used to always seemed to get pneumonia. I like them a lot. Maybe now that I have more time to care for them properly I'll get one. I'll see what you have when I come up for NADA. I'll be driving in case I have to bring back some fish too. |^| |^| |^|

+1..... w!w
Jon

Mugwump

...Jan pulled the last two babies last night....seems they haven't been feeding them recently even tho they were sitting on them keeping them warm....so Jan's feeding them every 3-4 hrs...looks like they'll be ok...

This has happened before...Shrek and Fiona want to continue mating and laying eggs, but ignoring their current brood in the process...I really thought they had it right this time with the three survivors....but when they starved the oldest, it was apparent that they didn't...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 27, 2015, 06:13:42 AM
...Jan pulled the last two babies last night....seems they haven't been feeding them recently even tho they were sitting on them keeping them warm....so Jan's feeding them every 3-4 hrs...looks like they'll be ok...

This has happened before...Shrek and Fiona want to continue mating and laying eggs, but ignoring their current brood in the process...I really thought they had it right this time with the three survivors....but when they starved the oldest, it was apparent that they didn't...

Good move pulling them. I guess they are like some Angel pairs.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 27, 2015, 07:57:16 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 27, 2015, 06:13:42 AM

Good move pulling them. I guess they are like some Angel pairs.

The chicks are responding well to hand feeding..Jan says they're little poop machines.. 8)
Jon

Mugwump

Wow...growing like weeds............pics soon....
Jon