• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 12:16:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 210
Total: 210

Easy dinner....

Started by Mugwump, October 18, 2015, 05:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...we didn't want to cook much, or go out for something.....so.....grilled ham/cheese sandwiches w/ potato chips.....dang good too....MMmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Boy has been asking for calamari for about a week. So I took some out of the freezer and made some sauce then fried them up. Boy ate every last one less the tentacles.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I love the Japanese squid salad.  I've only had calamari once.  It was from an Italian restaurant that everyone was raving about.  It sucked.  No flavor whatsoever.
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 18, 2015, 07:50:23 PM
I love the Japanese squid salad.  I've only had calamari once.  It was from an Italian restaurant that everyone was raving about.  It sucked.  No flavor whatsoever.
Calamari is Italian for squid.

Boy likes it fried.
Or in pasgetti.
Or really about any way.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

ilroost

Chicken livers here tonite. Dip in hot sauce. YUM YUM

wsantia1

Quote from: ilroost on October 19, 2015, 08:01:52 PM
Chicken livers here tonite. Dip in hot sauce. YUM YUM

I like chicken livers. Haven't had any in a while.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ilroost

Chicken livers I love, but Beef liver no way!!

wsantia1

Quote from: ilroost on October 19, 2015, 08:08:31 PM
Chicken livers I love, but Beef liver no way!!

I don't like beef livers either. lol
Willie

John Patakos

oh my ; i miss beef liver....quick fried in bacon grease with lots and lots of sauteed onions with beets and Greek potato salad...
growing up my mom would make chicken gizzards fried in butter..they were delicious..especially sopping up the butter with bread.when i was older and made them myself they didn't taste right.told me mom and she asked how many livers i cooked with them..none , i don't like chicken livers..then she told me.. if you don't use the livers you won't get that flavor..so i guess i do kinda like the livers....lol

Ron Sower

The only time I could really stomach chicken livers was when I was working with a Solo Cup rep and we called on a little independent fried chicken fast food place. He was boiling them for hours on end and then would bread them and deep fry them. The Solo guy bought a cup full of them and offered me one. I told him no thanks, I don't like them.  He said, "Here"...and handed me a salt shaker. "Hit it real good with some salt". So  I did. They were tolerable and I didn't gag on them that way.  :-\

Beef liver.....haven't found a way to keep from gagging with that stuff. Not trying any more!  :-X
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

The best fried chicken livers I have ever had are from KFC.  If you get them right out of the oil, they are delicious!!  Try them.  Real crispy and flavorful.  My mother made the best calf's liver and onions, I loved it when she made it.  And I was a little kid...
Barb

Mugwump

...you can cook beef liver any way you want, but I refuse to eat the vile stuff......beef liver is probably the only food that I don't like......(thumbs down)

and I like braunschwager....go figure... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: John Patakos on October 20, 2015, 06:49:39 AM
oh my ; i miss beef liver....quick fried in bacon grease with lots and lots of sauteed onions with beets and Greek potato salad...
growing up my mom would make chicken gizzards fried in butter..they were delicious..especially sopping up the butter with bread.when i was older and made them myself they didn't taste right.told me mom and she asked how many livers i cooked with them..none , i don't like chicken livers..then she told me.. if you don't use the livers you won't get that flavor..so i guess i do kinda like the livers....lol

Ah gizzards....I stopped in Collins on the way to the fair and picked some up at this service station that makes the best ones I have ever had.  Every once in a while I'll drive the 20 miles for their gizzards.  This time it was on my way.  The lady cooking saw me and said, "gizzards?".  I imagine that I'm the only white lady who goes there for their gizzards.  She said, "These have been out for 2 hours.  Let me cook you up some more."  10 minutes later and I was in heaven.

Every black in Collins must go their for their chicken.  Most like the spicy.  I'm sure that I would, too.  One day I'll have to try it.  But every time I go there all I have is gizzards on the brain.  (now that's a strange thought)

LizStreithorst

This isn't Greek but it sure looks tasty.  Over rice, of course.  http://caribbeanpot.com/simple-chicken-liver-and-gizzard/

wsantia1

Willie