• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:06:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 239
Total: 239

Air System Finally Up

Started by wsantia1, October 16, 2015, 07:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

After months of procrastinating I finally got the Alita 60 up and running with some vinyl tubing and a 12 valve log from Jehmco. ;D

This pump has replaced an Alita 15A and a couple of other small pumps that were scattered about running my sponges.  I am still fine tuning the airflow but every thing is up and running in test mode. mim

Since the A60 is probably overkill for the number of sponges running I have I am going to swap it out with the 15A tomorrow to see if that pump can drive the sponges as they are currently set up. 8) If it can, then I will keep it that way and save a few dollars. |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 16, 2015, 07:06:51 PM
After months of procrastinating I finally got the Alita 60 up and running with some vinyl tubing and a 12 valve log from Jehmco. ;D

This pump has replaced an Alita 15A and a couple of other small pumps that were scattered about running my sponges.  I am still fine tuning the airflow but every thing is up and running in test mode. mim

Since the A60 is probably overkill for the number of sponges running I have I am going to swap it out with the 15A tomorrow to see if that pump can drive the sponges as they are currently set up. 8) If it can, then I will keep it that way and save a few dollars. |^|

You'll save the Alita 60 too.....running under tasked doesn't do them any good.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 16, 2015, 07:09:51 PM

You'll save the Alita 60 too.....running under tasked doesn't do them any good.....

After I changed everything over I found the output valve for the 15A that will allow me to connect it to the vinyl tubing going into the manifold. huh I do have another 10 to 12 sponges to add to the system so we shall see if it has enough power for that. :-\

BTW I got the A60 from Carol for cheap a couple of years ago. It needed some wiring work (a little splicing and electrical tape) and it works really well. It was newly rebuilt except for the wiring before she sent it to me. 8)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 16, 2015, 07:18:21 PM

After I changed everything over I found the output valve for the 15A that will allow me to connect it to the vinyl tubing going into the manifold. huh I do have another 10 to 12 sponges to add to the system so we shall see if it has enough power for that. :-\

BTW I got the A60 from Carol for cheap a couple of years ago. It needed some wiring work (a little splicing and electrical tape) and it works really well. It was newly rebuilt except for the wiring before she sent it to me. 8)

Did it get wet??....like from a power outage at her place??....I ask because...rewired??....must have taken a hit...or something..????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 16, 2015, 07:21:49 PM

Did it get wet??....like from a power outage at her place??....I ask because...rewired??....must have taken a hit...or something..????

No. The ground wire was somehow cut in the middle of the line. It looks like it got caught on something. It was a small fix.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 16, 2015, 07:25:16 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 16, 2015, 07:21:49 PM

No. The ground wire was somehow cut in the middle of the line. It looks like it got caught on something. It was a small fix.

cool.....they're good pumps...
Jon