• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 10:27:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 285
Total: 287

Chili...1st pot of the season...

Started by Mugwump, October 16, 2015, 11:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...errands pretty much done, forgot the non-iodized salt...dang it...

Anyway, I grabbed all the fix'ns that we didn't have and I'm making a big pot of chili.....MMMMMMmmmmmm

50's outside, breezy....a 'poifect' day for it.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Is the NI salt for your chili or fish tanks?  I am making our first pot of veg/beef soup of the season.  It is one of my specialties.  YUMMMMMMMMM
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on October 16, 2015, 12:32:05 PM
Is the NI salt for your chili or fish tanks?  I am making our first pot of veg/beef soup of the season.  It is one of my specialties.  YUMMMMMMMMM
Barb

neither.....I use it to make bbs....

Vegt/beef soup will next up....I love it too Barb....MMMmmmm

then I'll make good old navy bean soup... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I made some Beef Short Ribs. first time in a long tome. Really, really good. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Give me your recipe for the short ribs, please sir.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 16, 2015, 03:57:20 PM

I'm interested too....we always just baked it on top of kraut.....MMMmmmmm....
Jon

Mugwump

Chili's done work'n....reheating it now.....smells awesome....MMMmmmmm....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I found this short ribs recipe.  I like this food writer.  She makes you drool as you read and her recipes haven't failed me yet.

Mugwump

WOW !!!!  the chili was superb.......ok Willie, pass the ribs down this way... ;D |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I forgot to add the link to the short ribs recipe I found.  Typical of me...http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/braised-short-ribs-heaven-on-a-plate/

Mugwump

Looks really good, Liz....I added the pic for ya...
Jon

wsantia1

I used this one but in the end I did not do the slow cooker. I put it in the oven at 275 for 3 hours. It came out very tender and very good.

http://southern.food.com/recipe/slow-cooker-beef-short-ribs-32147.

I served it with some yellow rice that I cut some hot beef sausage into. I ate good. lol |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 16, 2015, 06:34:22 PM

I used this one but in the end I did not do the slow cooker. I put it in the oven at 275 for 3 hours. It came out very tender and very good.

I served it with some yellow rice that I cut some hot beef sausage into. I ate good. lol |^|

uh oh.....you had it over rice??    huh
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 16, 2015, 06:57:21 PM

Yes sir. I love rice. lol
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 16, 2015, 07:07:42 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 16, 2015, 06:57:21 PM

Yes sir. I love rice. lol

LOL....we do too.....'Uncle Ben's' has some great seasoned rice available..... |^|
Jon