• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:15:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 275
Total: 275

Three Cockers tomorrow

Started by LizStreithorst, October 15, 2015, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've been dreading it since she made the appointment Saturday.  She said that it won't be hard because she wants them in Cocker cut this time ???  She's a good customer and her dogs aren't as stupid as most Cockers but they are still kinda stupid.  None of them has ever shit on the table like most of them do.  It's the least favorite breed that I groom.  I said no to Husky's several years ago.  They scream and go nutso when they go into the tub.

One day I will cut off Cockers, too.  Not now, especially not for this client.  She thinks I walk on water ::)

I have another Cocker coming Tuesday morning.  He is very stupid and does shit on the table.  The owner is a very nice older gentleman.  I would prefer to say no to him, but I just can't.

From now on, no new cocker customers.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Cockers aren't my favorite breed either.......too flitty....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

I have always called cockers a pee omatic dog you touch them they pee

BillT

I have never known a cocker, and now I don't want to.

LizStreithorst

Even the show quality ones are hard to groom.  The good ones don't piss and shit all over you, but OMG...they breed them for this ridiculous amount of hair.  They should not be in the sporting group.  They can't hunt.  All their instincts have been bred out in favor of hair.  English Cockers are still good dogs but you never see them.

Barb

How bout putting a pair of dog diapers on them before you start working? 
Barb ;D

LizStreithorst

And have all that pee and poo stick to their hair?  No way.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

LizStreithorst

I will ask you to prove it at NADA next year.  I am good, but I can't do that :P

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 15, 2015, 07:54:47 PM
I can walk on water.
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 15, 2015, 08:03:31 PM
I will ask you to prove it at NADA next year.  I am good, but I can't do that :P

Aw..he just knows where the rocks are..... |^|
Jon

Barb

So, how did it go?  Bad as you anticipated?  Much mess to clean up?
Barb

LizStreithorst

No, not all that bad.  They are better cockers than most.  Did the 3 cockers, a Bichon in a show trim and an easy Pom and Cockapoo the owner insists is a Bichon  (who am I to disagree although personally I think that she is putting on airs.  Waiting now for the Cockers and cockapoo and Pom to be picked up so I can hit the road.