• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:31:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 317
Total: 317

Wednesday's fine coffee....

Started by Mugwump, October 14, 2015, 06:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Morn'n y'all.....I'm on my second big cup of this wonderful coffee....MMMMmmmmmm

..35deg's outside headed for the mid 60's....I have another box to get out, then I'll do some water changes, etc...

Jan's already baking this morning....it smells great in here.....brownies for breakfast???

The trees are turning more ...and it's getting really pretty around here now.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Was in the 50s this morning but they are projecting overnight temps in the 30s by next week. huh Coffee is good. Lots of work to do today starting with water changes and sponge cleaning. Need to pick up another 55 either today or tomorrow. I will be finished with tanks then unless I can find a 125 for cheap somewhere. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 14, 2015, 07:38:33 AM
Was in the 50s this morning but they are projecting overnight temps in the 30s by next week. huh Coffee is good. Lots of work to do today starting with water changes and sponge cleaning. Need to pick up another 55 either today or tomorrow. I will be finished with tanks then unless I can find a 125 for cheap somewhere. mim

...having a couple big tanks sure helps.....I hope you find a couple...... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Drinking hot coffee debating if I should ride my bike now...48 degrees, mild breeze or wait until it reaches 58, sunny and windy. It's been windy here at 18 mph and higher every day for over a week. Makes for a tough ride.

Yesterday I got the unpleasant job of culling done. One pretty 3 yr old angel developed a lip fibroma...it was getting huge...and a few others just weren't thriving. It was no longer pleasant looking at their tanks.  :(  Today the tanks get thoroughly cleaned and I will admire the fruits of my labor. It'll heal my heart.  ;)

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Hello from sunny Richmond-area Virginia folks! Good uneventful flight in here Monday. Yesterday was "go and get some dress clothes day"....It's amazing how much the ones in the closet at home have shrunk since I haven't been wearing them!   ??? I believe the correct term for it is "closet-shrink"!  :-\

All's well here at my son's home. It's great to see the grands again. They are a real treat. This is Lucy's first time seeing the youngest.

We're going over to Roanoke on Friday for the funeral Saturday. I hesitate to speak at the funeral service due to the fact that at my Dad's I spoke in behalf of all 3 of us siblings, as we agreed ahead of time, and I spoke from my heart. My younger brother was totally at odds with it after it was over. His growing-up experiences were apparently totally different than my sister's and mine. We had a long unpleasant conversation that evening. It won't happen again. I figure the best way to begin is to state that these are my feelings and remembrances. Hell, screw it...he's always been the black sheep and has a past in which he's estranged himself from the family so many times. Sis won't even talk to him!! What the hell am I concerned about!??  I'll say exactly how I feel about that sweet ol' gal!

Thanks, guys and gals! You had some good advice!  ;D |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

It's good to hear that you both arrived safely. Grandkids are neato aren't they...?? |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Funerals are for remembrance.........and celebration of life....... Mom's are forever....my Mom still talks to me...
Jon

Mugwump

Just glanced at the weekend forecast....Fri/Sat..high's around 50, lows in the upper 20's !!!!!!

yup, fall is here now.. w!w
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 14, 2015, 10:10:51 AM
Funerals are for remembrance.........and celebration of life....... Mom's are forever....my Mom still talks to me...
From the "other side"? Serious question...!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 14, 2015, 01:21:28 PM

Yes, I guess?....I'll be doing something, and will hear her voice in my head....it brings a smile...
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 14, 2015, 01:30:12 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 14, 2015, 01:21:28 PM

Yes, I guess?....I'll be doing something, and will hear her voice in my head....it brings a smile...

I get that from time to time from my Dad in my head. I'm not sure whether I'm a believer in the supernatural or not at this point. But this is just great...! Now I'll have both of them in there...!  ???.... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron