• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 05:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 278
Total: 278

Thursday's "Cubs Win" coffee...

Started by Mugwump, October 08, 2015, 06:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

ah....the coffee is good this morn'n...MMMmmm     another cool morning, headed to a warm upper 70's day....as rain and storms move into the area....cold front coming down and will make for some much cooler weather over the weekend...

Cubs won last night... |^|...now on to play St Louis......this should be a great series as they are big rivals too.....hang on for some good baseball folks. w!w

putz'n etc today....that's all......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..chatty bunch, huh?.....LOL.....................ok. I'm off to tinker a bit...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2 ??...or is it pot #3 ??     huh

Sunny and cool still.......very nice  w!w
Jon

Ron Sower

G'morning Mugs! Not chatty enough for you, huh? Hey, man, I'm just getting up!

Went to that LFS yesterday and he has several beautiful tanks, but one that was an Amano look-a-like! My phone was dead and in the car charging so I didn't get a photo. It was gorgeous (not the phone...the tank). As do most LSFs he had a squeaker summer with his revenue intake. Our extremely beautiful weather didn't help him any.

I bought some plants which I will get situated in the tank today. I also went to a member's apartment and picked up his 9g cube that was absolutely gorgeous. He had Ember Tetras so that's why I went. I added them to my school of them in the community tank. I'll take the stuff I don't want to the club auction next tuesday evening. I really would like to keep the cube and set it up.  Hmmmmmm....wonder if I can find a corner in a room for it!!!   :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 08, 2015, 10:37:59 AM

Went to that LFS yesterday and he has several beautiful tanks, but one that was an Amano look-a-like! My phone was dead and in the car charging so I didn't get a photo. It was gorgeous (not the phone...the tank). As do most LSFs he had a squeaker summer with his revenue intake. Our extremely beautiful weather didn't help him any.

I bought some plants which I will get situated in the tank today. I also went to a member's apartment and picked up his 9g cube that was absolutely gorgeous. He had Ember Tetras so that's why I went. I added them to my school of them in the community tank. I'll take the stuff I don't want to the club auction next tuesday evening. I really would like to keep the cube and set it up.  Hmmmmmm....wonder if I can find a corner in a room for it!!!   :P

...or your night stand?.....you could watch them as you fall asleep... |^|......kitchen counter next to the coffee pot??.....

yes, a bit quiet this morn'n....I've been putz'n....they're putting in a new playground in the park across the street....fun to watch.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 08, 2015, 10:55:22 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 08, 2015, 10:37:59 AM

...or your night stand?.....you could watch them as you fall asleep... |^|......kitchen counter next to the coffee pot??.....

yes, a bit quiet this morn'n....I've been putz'n....they're putting in a new playground in the park across the street....fun to watch.... |^|

That won't fly! Last night apparently I was snoring rather loudly and Miss Lucy went to the guest room to sleep. The bubbling from the sponge filter was too much for her, so I know having one on my nightstand is out. As far as the spot by the coffee pot....off limits in the kitchen... we both agree on that! There's not enough counter space already and I used to have a colony of shellies in a 6g on the counter.

It's tough because just when I get my mind wrapped around having just a few tanks .... a 55g and 2or3 5-10g ....something really nice like this cube becomes available at a very good price. Grrrrr!   >:(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

It seems like I've been getting off to a lot of slow starts these days. Coffee was great and so is the weather. Will be 75 later today. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.