• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:58:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 334
Total: 334

not football....

Started by Mugwump, October 07, 2015, 10:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..but considered by many the best 1st round ever in boxing....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Well......I watched the entire video. Great fight. Who won though?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Marvelous Marvin Hagler won!  He was the Undisputed World Middleweight Champion from 1980 to 1987.

Surgar Ray later "bought" the championship and I stopped enjoying boxing.  It was the only fight I ever saw where the challenger ran from the champ the entire fight and was awarded the victory.

Marvin was or is a fantistic fellow.  I remember watching him after a fight and he had his baby girls up in the ring with him.  The announcer asked him how many more times he would fight and Marvin said "I don't know, who knows how much it will cost when my girls are old enough for college."  Very classy guy.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 07, 2015, 03:00:02 PM
Marvelous Marvin Hagler won!  He was the Undisputed World Middleweight Champion from 1980 to 1987.

Surgar Ray later "bought" the championship and I stopped enjoying boxing.  It was the only fight I ever saw where the challenger ran from the champ the entire fight and was awarded the victory.

Marvin was or is a fantistic fellow.  I remember watching him after a fight and he had his baby girls up in the ring with him.  The announcer asked him how many more times he would fight and Marvin said "I don't know, who knows how much it will cost when my girls are old enough for college."  Very classy guy.

Dennis

Difference was that Leonard was a boxer.....Hagler was a fighter.....

Yes, Hagler won in the 3rd round......Hearns legs wouldn't carry him anymore....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Hitman Hearns was my favorite boxer growing up