• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:08:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 343
Total: 344

Emergency cleaning

Started by LizStreithorst, October 06, 2015, 04:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Gentleman friend coming to visit tomorrow evening.  I've told him that I can be Miss Piggy, but I'd prefer that he not see how bad it can get with his own eyes.  I have is too much sandy dirt and too many dogs who's job it is to wallow in it, come inside and shake ::)  Thank God he called this morning and asked about tomorrow evening.  I'll have time to make the joint half way presentable.  Back to work now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 06, 2015, 04:39:56 PM
Gentleman friend coming to visit tomorrow evening.  I've told him that I can be Miss Piggy, but I'd prefer that he not see how bad it can get with his own eyes.  I have is too much sandy dirt and too many dogs who's job it is to wallow in it, come inside and shake ::)  Thank God he called this morning and asked about tomorrow evening.  I'll have time to make the joint half way presentable.  Back to work now.

LOL......busy busy busy......does the leave tracks too...??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Only when it rains.  Then, it dries to dust.  Hair and dust/dust us my worst problems.  Taking another break before I start back.

Dishes done. Junk removed from counter tops and all other flat surfaces.  Floor swept and vacuumed.  Some Dog laundry ready to hang out.  Now to mop and dust which will make a world of difference.  Kitchen counters need Fantasticking.  Bathroom needs a good scrub and then I'll be done for today.  I can to this and that more tomorrow if I get away from work early.  The fish room (except for the tanks, of course) is a disaster.  At some point I need to eat.  Woman cannot clean on beer alone.  Then a wonderful bath.  The dirt from the house is all over my body :-[

I can sure get 'er done when I'm on deadline ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 06, 2015, 05:46:24 PM
Only when it rains.  Then, it dries to dust.  Hair and dust/dust us my worst problems.  Taking another break before I start back.

Dishes done. Junk removed from counter tops and all other flat surfaces.  Floor swept and vacuumed.  Some Dog laundry ready to hang out.  Now to mop and dust which will make a world of difference.  Kitchen counters need Fantasticking.  Bathroom needs a good scrub and then I'll be done for today.  I can to this and that more tomorrow if I get away from work early.  The fish room (except for the tanks, of course) is a disaster.  At some point I need to eat.  Woman cannot clean on beer alone.  Then a wonderful bath.  The dirt from the house is all over my body :-[

I can sure get 'er done when I'm on deadline ;)

+1.....don't forget to chill the wine... w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Been a long time, have a nice evening.  I may even get a book out of it all...
Barb ;D

LizStreithorst

He's a beer guy.  I always keep a good selection of beer in the fridge.  If the 2 lbs of live black worm in a kitty litter container gross him out, too bad. He's a pretty earthy guy.  It shouldn't bother him.

Two more rooms to mop.  I have a Hoover Floormate.  It is a wonderful thing.  Anyone who doesn't have one needs to buy one.

He should be here around this time tomorrow.  I'll have lots of time to finish up the kitchen and scrub the bath room.  I'll finish mopping and dust my flat surfaces and then I'll hit the bathtub.  Back to work now.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Barb on October 06, 2015, 06:44:58 PM
Been a long time, have a nice evening.  I may even get a book out of it all...
Barb ;D

Barb, I had forgotten until you reminded me :-[  I just called him.  He is slam out of his books except for the bottle tree one.  They bought him out at his last presentation.  I told him to bring the bottle tree book and sign it to you.  It has a pretty cover.  I have it on an end table because it's the right size and the colors work ::)  Otherwise, it ain't much.  I'll do better when I see him again, likely a year from now :D :D :D :D

Shit.  I've taken too much time off cleaning.  I'm starting to poop out.  I need to get back to it now :)

greydragon

as long as the beer is above the worms there should be no problems

LizStreithorst

Done for today.  Dang. I can be a cleaning son of a gun when the mood strikes me.  I either need to set a deadline or have motivation.  Usually I have neither :(  The joint looks good.  I may tackle the bath room after I get out of the tub.  I'll be right there.  I think I won't be able to help myself.

The worms are next to the beer, but they're live CBWs and they like to stay in the water.  They don't crawl out.  If he doesn't like it, it's too bad.

Ron Sower

The beer is sealed in cans. What's the problem? The worms can't drink it. That's what matters isn't it?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Did you have a nice visit with your gentleman friend? Or did I miss it in another thread?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It was a lovely visit.  And the house is still clean!

Ron Sower

Wow! 2 weeks later and still clean...!  Lot better than we do... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 19, 2015, 08:36:30 AM

LOL...the horse hasn't been back yet.... 8)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 19, 2015, 10:35:17 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 19, 2015, 08:36:30 AM

LOL...the horse hasn't been back yet.... 8)

:D :D :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron