• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 11:27:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 138
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 113
Total: 115

Another monkey off my back

Started by LizStreithorst, October 05, 2015, 12:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I got my 2013 taxes done.  It's a great embarrassment to me that I get an extension every year and even then wait till the last minute to do them.  It's not the money.  I always either get a pittance back of have to pay a pittance.  It's that numbers make my head explode.  Even though doing them is a piece of cake I'm a nervous wreck the entire time. 

All I have to do is stick it in the mail to the CPA and hope he doesn't call about some dang thing that needs clarification.  I wouldn't even need a CPA if I had one iota of left brain in my head.  At least it's a relief to have it done.

All that is hanging over me now is SS.  I have to wait until I get official copies of my birth certificate and marriage license.  (I suck at keeping up with important documents, too)  Then I have to suffer through the appointment with the folks at the SS office which Barb says will be a piece of cake.  If if weren't such an incredible benefit for simply getting old, I'd blow it off.  It's not like they'd take away your house and land which is what the IRS would do if I didn't pay my taxes.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 05, 2015, 12:59:17 PM
I got my 2013 taxes done.  It's a great embarrassment to me that I get an extension every year and even then wait till the last minute to do them.  It's not the money.  I always either get a pittance back of have to pay a pittance.  It's that numbers make my head explode.  Even though doing them is a piece of cake I'm a nervous wreck the entire time. 

All I have to do is stick it in the mail to the CPA and hope he doesn't call about some dang thing that needs clarification.  I wouldn't even need a CPA if I had one iota of left brain in my head.  At least it's a relief to have it done.

All that is hanging over me now is SS.  I have to wait until I get official copies of my birth certificate and marriage license.  (I suck at keeping up with important documents, too)  Then I have to suffer through the appointment with the folks at the SS office which Barb says will be a piece of cake.  If if weren't such an incredible benefit for simply getting old, I'd blow it off.  It's not like they'd take away your house and land which is what the IRS would do if I didn't pay my taxes.

Why don't you just register online ??....Jan did....it's easy...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I could have if I wanted to collect on mine.  It will make 2 hundred dollars more a month for me if I collect on my husband's.  I tried to do it on line but I couldn't find where it told me how.  I'm sure I'd still need all the official vital records.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 05, 2015, 02:18:57 PM
I could have if I wanted to collect on mine.  It will make 2 hundred dollars more a month for me if I collect on my husband's.  I tried to do it on line but I couldn't find where it told me how.  I'm sure I'd still need all the official vital records.

Yep, best go to the office and do it...... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

It's not like they'd take away your house and land which is what the IRS would do if I didn't pay my taxes.

Why would they come after you for taxes? Al Sharpton owes $4.5 million and they're not after him.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

big b

I don't know if it helps, but I hear you can hire someone to do your taxes for you.

ghonk

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 05, 2015, 06:02:54 PM
It's not like they'd take away your house and land which is what the IRS would do if I didn't pay my taxes.

Why would they come after you for taxes? Al Sharpton owes $4.5 million and they're not after him.

Tell that to Wesley Snipes.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 06, 2015, 06:49:38 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 05, 2015, 06:02:54 PM

Tell that to Wesley Snipes.

LOL.....he did hire somebody.....that's why he's in big doo doo.....
Jon