• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 05:01:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 305
Total: 306

Bears dumping players...

Started by Mugwump, October 04, 2015, 09:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...looks like a lost season here....the Bears are dumping players and even Matt Forte may go.....

The new GM is going to rebuild them.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Dang, the Bears played a real good game today.....they beat Oakland, who was 3-0 before today..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

Don't give them too much credit Jon, Oakland was 2-1 ;)  They did give us more trouble than a lot of people though they would and they hung with Seattle for the first half as well.  They should get a boost when Jeffry gets back.  Sucks for them on the loss of White in TC and now Montgomery.

It does look like Pace won't mess around.  Bostic and Allen really didn't fit the scheme they are trying to run so moving them made sense.  Stockpile the low round picks and use them to trade up.  I'd be surprised if they found a trading partner for Forte.  He is a top back but he is approaching the dreaded 30 year old mark and he has a lot of wear and tear on him.  Realistically I don't think he would garner more than a 3rd rounder and I'm not sure I would give him up for that.  I think he will be a FA next year so anyone looking to trade would have to be able to come to terms with him on a long term deal.  I guess it all depends on how bad they want him back after this season.  If he doesn't fit their plans move him for a 3rd or 4th rounder and give Langford a chance to see if he has what it takes.

If they do trade him though it better be to someone who will use him as their feature back and not this running back by committee crap.  He is my #1 back in one of my fantasy leagues.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB