• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 05:27:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 279
Total: 279

Tanked

Started by GraphicGr8s, October 01, 2015, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: big b on October 05, 2015, 07:35:03 PM
Why do you judge me based on my age? Do you look down on people who are young? Just because we are young doesn't mean anything. I know some kids my age that I would trust with a loaded gun. Not all kids are immature, of course some kids just make you wonder how they still have all their teeth with all the stupid crap they say. I happen to be one of those mature kids.

Ok hold up. Now that I have thought about it some more, I know why. Because I can stock it better then they could. I know more about stocking fish then they do and I know which types of fish can get along better then they do. That is why you should trust me.

I didn't judge you at all. I simply asked you a question.
When my nephew was about your age he'd spend time with us. We were both railfans. He could give me the specs on locomotives better than I could.
Like I said, I just asked you a question.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

big b

Oh I'm sorry then. I took when you said why would we trust a 14 year old as being judgmental.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: big b on October 05, 2015, 11:13:45 PM
Oh I'm sorry then. I took when you said why would we trust a 14 year old as being judgmental.
It's all good.  |^|

One thing to take into account though is that while this is a tv show they are building these tanks for clients. While we may be able to scape and stock the tanks better than they do would our stocking be in line with the client's ideas?

I've been designing printed collateral for decades. While I can pretty much smoke on design I have to bite my tongue and in the end run what they want. I've told more than one not to ever tell who did the formatting. They were paying for it so my creative license was revoked. So while we may not like the end result we still have to do it. They're paying our salary. Same thing with ATM I would venture but they have the added pressure of doing it for TV.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Ron Sower

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 05, 2015, 11:27:10 PM
It's all good.  |^|

One thing to take into account though is that while this is a tv show they are building these tanks for clients. While we may be able to scape and stock the tanks better than they do would our stocking be in line with the client's ideas?

I've been designing printed collateral for decades. While I can pretty much smoke on design I have to bite my tongue and in the end run what they want. I've told more than one not to ever tell who did the formatting. They were paying for it so my creative license was revoked. So while we may not like the end result we still have to do it. They're paying our salary. Same thing with ATM I would venture but they have the added pressure of doing it for TV.

Not unlike situations with clients hiring me to list and sell their homes for them. I give them a good solid and honest market analysis in order to price their homes right to sell in a reasonable period of time and they say, "I know it's worth more than that". So, I go ahead and list it at the price they just "know" it will sell for and wait until they are tired of no showings or no offers. Finally they hear the POP and start listening to me and I get the house sold. Meanwhile, the length of time it is on the market extends way past where it should and makes it look like I advised the client poorly. 

Unfortunately for you, G8, your people probably don't come to you and say to fix it....or do they?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

big b

They once put sharks on one side of the tank with baby crocodiles/ alligators. They used a glass divider.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 06, 2015, 01:16:57 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 05, 2015, 11:27:10 PM
It's all good.  |^|

Not unlike situations with clients hiring me to list and sell their homes for them. I give them a good solid and honest market analysis in order to price their homes right to sell in a reasonable period of time and they say, "I know it's worth more than that". So, I go ahead and list it at the price they just "know" it will sell for and wait until they are tired of no showings or no offers. Finally they hear the POP and start listening to me and I get the house sold. Meanwhile, the length of time it is on the market extends way past where it should and makes it look like I advised the client poorly. 

Unfortunately for you, G8, your people probably don't come to you and say to fix it....or do they?

Sometimes they do. Most of the times not. I send pdf proofs for about everything I do and they sign off on it. I warn them multiple times that while I provide the pdfs and if they want digital proofs the final product off of offset will probably look different. Especially when it comes to blues. They always want to go purple. It has a lot to do with cyan ink being "dirty". I don't even go into calibrated monitors and reflected vs transmitted light. If they have multiple monitors I will have them put the same image on all of them and the difference is obvious though.