• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 05:13:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 233
Total: 233

Tanked

Started by GraphicGr8s, October 01, 2015, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

Seems as though Tanked has finished filming another episode in Tampa. They must love the Tampons.

They've done either 3 or 4 in this area.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

I've never watched it....... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

Good, don't. They are good tank builders but they are HORRIBLE at stocking fish. They put a PANGIUS SHARK IN A 6 GALLON!!!! Just because the little boy wanted fish that looked like sharks.

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on October 02, 2015, 08:27:38 PM
Good, don't. They are good tank builders but they are HORRIBLE at stocking fish. They put a PANGIUS SHARK IN A 6 GALLON!!!! Just because the little boy wanted fish that looked like sharks.

I know....they mislead a lot of folks about tank stocking, etc....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 02, 2015, 08:29:25 PM
Quote from: big b on October 02, 2015, 08:27:38 PM

I know....they mislead a lot of folks about tank stocking, etc....

I watched a couple of shows. I am not a fan. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

big b

I like the tanks them selves and I respect their tank building but they are TERRIBLE at stocking fish. If I ever got them to make a tank for me, I would make sure they knew NOT to stock it. Just build it and go away.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: big b on October 02, 2015, 09:04:37 PM
I like the tanks them selves and I respect their tank building but they are TERRIBLE at stocking fish. If I ever got them to make a tank for me, I would make sure they knew NOT to stock it. Just build it and go away.
You've got to understand how they film and why. If you take the wine bottle tank episode for instance when the owner walks in the mostly stay away from the inside of the tank and closeups. Then afterwards they do the tight shots. In many episodes they don't actually add fish for a few days after the "final" shoot. They actually do acclimate the fish. Also the tanks are purposely overstocked so they can get the "money" shots. The owner signs a contract to rehome the extra livestock. As far as I know here in the Tampa area all the tanks that they have built are maintained by professional maintenance companies.
That wine bottle tank lost most of its fish because the owner got cocky. He has other salt tanks as does one of his employees. He didn't rehome the fish.
They also have a pro on site for five days after filming to keep tabs on the tank.

Thing to remember is not all the scenes we see were shot in the order we see them and they are heavily edited for time.

And I found out yesterday a buddy of mine was contacted by A&E for him to do a pilot. Ya'll might see me on A&E.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 02, 2015, 10:54:50 PM
You've got to understand how they film and why. If you take the wine bottle tank episode for instance when the owner walks in the mostly stay away from the inside of the tank and closeups. Then afterwards they do the tight shots. In many episodes they don't actually add fish for a few days after the "final" shoot. They actually do acclimate the fish. Also the tanks are purposely overstocked so they can get the "money" shots. The owner signs a contract to rehome the extra livestock. As far as I know here in the Tampa area all the tanks that they have built are maintained by professional maintenance companies.
That wine bottle tank lost most of its fish because the owner got cocky. He has other salt tanks as does one of his employees. He didn't rehome the fish.
They also have a pro on site for five days after filming to keep tabs on the tank.

Thing to remember is not all the scenes we see were shot in the order we see them and they are heavily edited for time.

And I found out yesterday a buddy of mine was contacted by A&E for him to do a pilot. Ya'll might see me on A&E.

That's all likely true....but 'Joe Blow' new hobbyist only sees smoke and mirrors, and the end product and they think it's all that easy.....the show just gives a false impression how it really needs to be done...
Jon

ghonk

I tried to watch it a couple times,STUPID ass ideas for tanks,between that and the kooky cast i started getting a  stomach ache so i had to turn it off.Next

ilroost

I wish they would do more freshwater tanks

PaulineMi

I got a bad taste in my mouth when they set a tank up that could be used as a skateboard ramp. Fish were in the tank and guys skate boarded up the ramp, flipped the board around in a trick move and everyone was happy and impressed.....except for the fish I'm sure.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ghonk

Quote from: ilroost on October 03, 2015, 06:03:05 PM
I wish they would do more freshwater tanks

I'm  sure it  would have rainbow gravel,and a life size robotic creature from the black lagoon.

ghonk

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 03, 2015, 06:25:16 PM
I got a bad taste in my mouth when they set a tank up that could be used as a skateboard ramp. Fish were in the tank and guys skate boarded up the ramp, flipped the board around in a trick move and everyone was happy and impressed.....except for the fish I'm sure.

Did i mention they had stupid ass ideas for tanks. :)

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on October 03, 2015, 06:29:31 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 02, 2015, 10:54:50 PM

That's all likely true....but 'Joe Blow' new hobbyist only sees smoke and mirrors, and the end product and they think it's all that easy.....the show just gives a false impression how it really needs to be done...
I thought you never watched it.

It's cookie cutter "reality". A project comes in. There's a mini crisis. It's solved. Major crisis. Solved. Reveal. Every damn reality show follows the same stupid footprint. They all suck not just tanked.

ghonk

[/quote]   They all suck not just tanked.
[/quote]

Yes,yes they do.They are all barf worthy.