• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347

Having a great day!

Started by BallAquatics, September 30, 2015, 10:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Dennis, would she be a candidate for a lung transplant? I've heard that they've had great success lately.

We'll contimue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself, my friend...and eat better too.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I'll continue praying for and thinking of you and Terri Dennis. Take care of yourself even though that's difficult when you're going through this with a loved one.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Ron Sower

Thank you for the update, Dennis. Getting her out of the hospital is good. Lots of nasties in there. I hope she will heal and get better soon.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

Good thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Barb

Still sending lots of good thoughts your way Dennis, hang in there.  It is tough, I know.
Barb

wsantia1

Hang in there Dennis we are with you 100 percent. Good thoughts and prayers headed your way.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Thanks folks for all the support.

I'm gettig a bit depressed that she has not improved any in 21 days, and also wondering if the LTACH's will be interested in her.  They all boast about their success ratings and I'm not so sure she fits their profile.

The case manager said the LTACH would send someone up to evaluate her before agreeing to take her in, so maybe that will happen tomorrow.  Well more cold tablets and early to bed, 5:00am comes way too soon.

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Hugs Dennis...... praying you get good news.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BillT

Best Wishes Dennis.
Try to maintain your health.

BallAquatics

Thanks folks.  Just spoke with the LTACH rep and it looks like we're going to Kindred Hospitol Dayton.  http://www.khdayton.com/our-services/
Google says it's only about 45 minutes away.

They have glowing reviews on-line and a very nice write-up in the Dayton paper.  Seems as though many of the ICU nurses have either worked there or have friends that work there.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

That's great news.  I've had the virgin of Guadalupe candles the after I read what it said on the candle, it seems to be more a candle to light for a prayer for yourself.  I didn't know.  I've never been much of a Catholic.  I have to run into town to the PO today.  I'll pick up a bunch of the Saint Francis ones.  They will work better.  They're more for praying for a friend.  Expect improvement soon :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

That's wonderful news Dennis..... ;D....and our thoughts and prayers continue too......
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 05, 2015, 12:42:02 PM
That's great news.  I've had the virgin of Guadalupe candles the after I read what it said on the candle, it seems to be more a candle to light for a prayer for yourself.  I didn't know.  I've never been much of a Catholic.  I have to run into town to the PO today.  I'll pick up a bunch of the Saint Francis ones.  They will work better.  They're more for praying for a friend.  Expect improvement soon :)

It was saint Jude, not Saint Francis.  All I know is that he works better than the Virgin of Guadalupe. 
Always move forward. Never look back.