• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:33:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 333
Total: 333

Having a great day!

Started by BallAquatics, September 30, 2015, 10:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Terri's surgery was a great success yesterday. 

This morning we were able to lower her sedation to a point where she looked and me and was able to nod yes & no to some questions.  We have been in this catch-22 where the neurologist couldn't do a proper assessment because of the sedation and we couldn't lower the sedation because she was intubated.

Both the respiratory folks and the pulmonologist said she sounded much improved this morning and she even tried to smile at Dr. Ranginwala her pulmonologist.

After about 30 minutes of this her heart rate started to increase due to the anxiety of the trach tube and all that was going on, so they bumped her sedation back up a bit to calm her down.

She looks a fright with all the tubes and hoses attached to her, but at least we found out today she is still with us.

Thanks again for all your support in my hour of need.

Dennis

Mugwump

That's good news indeed.... |^|   Now she can gain some strength back and get better. I'm happy for you and your family, Dennis.  ;D

...We're continuing our good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Great news Dennis.

Best Wishes.

GraphicGr8s

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

Wonderful news, Dennis.  It was the candles ;)  I started a Virgin of Guadalupe one this morning before work.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

You folks are the very best!  THANK YOU

Dennis

wsantia1

That's great news, Dennis. prayers continuing.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Thanks Willie.  We've got a long way to go yet before she's ready to come home.   :(

Dennis

PaulineMi

It's wonderful to hear that Terri was responsive this morning Dennis. That's a relief. May she continue to improve. Prayers are still going your way.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Wonderful news Dennis!  May she continue to make good progress and come home to you soon.  My husband went through almost the exact same thing you have described with Terri.  He made a full recovery.  And he is 78.
Barb

Ron Sower

Really happy to know she's doing well now. Lots of happy, wellness thoughts coming to you from here in WA.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Thanks Pauline, Barb, and Ron!

Dennis

ilroost

Great news!!! Still praying for her and your family

Ron Sower

Any update Dennis?
Of it's in another thread from yesterday I'll catch up. I didn't get on here yesterday.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 04, 2015, 08:20:26 AM
Any update Dennis?

On Thursday the hospitol decided that they want to discharge her to a Long-Term-Care-Facility south of Dayton, about 45 minutes from here.  One of their specialties is weaking people off of a ventalator.

They say she will not be discharged until they can get her stable.....  Currently, each time they lower her sedation her blood pressure and heart rate go through the ceiling.  The cardiologist says it's nothing to do with her heart, but her bodys reaction to her lungs being so bad.

Before we went ahead with the trach & PEG, I sat down with my kids and some of the Doctors and we decided to give her 30 days to show improvement.  If after that time, if she is not getting better we will re-evaluate and likely change her code again.  I have already changed it to a DNRCCA as per her wishes.

Somehow, I've managed to let myself become ill, but I'm feeling much better today that yesterday.  Mr. Spock has failed me on several occiasions lately as I've been on this emmotional roller coaster.

Thanks again for your continuing support.

Dennis