• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:10:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 379
Total: 379

Whole Milk...

Started by Mugwump, September 28, 2015, 07:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

|^|  bought myself a gallon of whole milk   |^|     I'd been drinking 2%, needed a treat  ;D

It's soooooo good too...MMMmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

2% is an abomination, not even worth drinking!  Whatever were you thinking?  When I was breeding Dairy Goats my rolling herd average showed 4.7%  Now that was some good shit w!w
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 28, 2015, 07:24:40 PM
2% is an abomination, not even worth drinking!  Whatever were you thinking?  When I was breeding Dairy Goats my rolling herd average showed 4.7%  Now that was some good shit w!w

In my young youth, we had a lady next door, Mrs 'Cap', short for Capitani, who raised goats for the milk....she drank, and baked everything with it..she also raised grapes, and she and 'papa Cap' made their own wine.......sitting on a bench next to her water pump, under the apple tree, eating fried bread and drinking red wine with her at about 4 yrs old are fond memories.....she was a wonderful person....and became my adopted G'ma...she even flew to California to see me the day before I shipped out to 'Nam.....yep, made me fried bread, and we drank red wine.... ;D...when she passed on..her son Eddie took her goats to keep....she had still been raising them at 96 yrs old.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That's lovely, Muggers.

I don't know what her goat's milk tasted like but mine had no goaty flavor.  The trick is in keeping the bucks separated from the does except for a breeding visit, and in being very clean with the milk and chilling it in ice water as soon as it was milked.  Stainless steel milking buckets and totes only. My milk tasted like Jersey cow's milk.  Very high butter fat content.  I miss the goats, but they broke my heart so I will never have more.  Besides, my fencing is only good enough for horses. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 28, 2015, 07:57:51 PM
That's lovely, Muggers.

I don't know what her goat's milk tasted like but mine had no goaty flavor.  The trick is in keeping the bucks separated from the does except for a breeding visit, and in being very clean with the milk and chilling it in ice water as soon as it was milked.  Stainless steel milking buckets and totes only. My milk tasted like Jersey cow's milk.  Very high butter fat content.  I miss the goats, but they broke my heart so I will never have more.  Besides, my fencing is only good enough for horses.

....need more fence by your front door... |^| w!w w!w
Jon

LizStreithorst

The spoiled rotten horse it one thing.  It's kinda my fault. she's not stupid.  She can see that it tickles me when she comes walking in the front door.  I made a mistake last week when I caught her in the living room.  Rather than turning her around and make her leave the way she came in, I walked her to the kitchen door to put her out.  This morning, her head was stuck though the open kitchen door ::)

I can deal with a free range horse who tickles my funny bone.  You need VERY GOOD FENCING to keep goats confined.  Otherwise they'd jump all over Charlotte and The Beast and nibble on wires and do all sorts of damage.  They're worse than  mousies in the housie!  And they'd have to be goats with potential for the show ring and I'd have to clip them and take them to the shows...Been there, done that.  I loved it at the time.  I don't want it again, thank you very much.  Look it up, I was a big deal once.  These days I only want to show other people's goats.  I don't care if they are the worst in their class, I take pride in making them look as good as I can.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 28, 2015, 07:24:40 PM
Bet the best part Liz was  they had no hormones in the milk.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 28, 2015, 08:39:29 PM
The spoiled rotten horse it one thing.  It's kinda my fault. she's not stupid.  She can see that it tickles me when she comes walking in the front door.  I made a mistake last week when I caught her in the living room.  Rather than turning her around and make her leave the way she came in, I walked her to the kitchen door to put her out.  This morning, her head was stuck though the open kitchen door ::)

I can deal with a free range horse who tickles my funny bone.  You need VERY GOOD FENCING to keep goats confined.  Otherwise they'd jump all over Charlotte and The Beast and nibble on wires and do all sorts of damage.  They're worse than  mousies in the housie!  And they'd have to be goats with potential for the show ring and I'd have to clip them and take them to the shows...Been there, done that.  I loved it at the time.  I don't want it again, thank you very much.  Look it up, I was a big deal once.  These days I only want to show other people's goats.  I don't care if they are the worst in their class, I take pride in making them look as good as I can.

DDGA Memorial Weekend Show Judge: Linda Libra May 26, 2001

Grand Champion: Full-Circle Brassy Honesty Liz Striethorst

Grand Champion: Full-Circle Sierras Olivia Liz Striethorst

Reserve Grand Champion: Full-Circle Bills Fantasy Liz Striethorst

Champion Challenge: Full-Circle Sierra Frosty Liz Striethhorst

Reserve Grand Champion: Full Circle Brassy Tilly Liz Striethorst

BEST BUCK IN SHOW Dale-Haven Dazzlin Brass Liz Striethorst
Jon