• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 364
Total: 364

OSU losses hard to come by vs. MAC

Started by BallAquatics, September 18, 2015, 04:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Ohio State?s 12-6 loss to Akron in 1894 endures as its lone defeat to a team currently in the MAC ? and one of the oddest games in the footnotes of its history.

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/555081?referrer_id=878183

Dennis

Ron Sower

A good read, Dennis. Thanks for the link.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

NIU is decent....but they're walking into a buzz saw in Columbus today.....here's hoping for a good game... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Good game alright! Hell NIU might win this

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on September 19, 2015, 03:51:24 PM
Good game alright! Hell NIU might win this

Yeppers.....a good game for sure..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Well NIU made em play.....but just couldn't pull it off...OSU's secondary is a good one, they saved an upset for sure....
Jon

ilroost

If Alabama wins tonite they will be the new number 1. Can't win a game like that and still be number 1

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on September 19, 2015, 07:28:28 PM
If Alabama wins tonite they will be the new number 1. Can't win a game like that and still be number 1

I tend to agree.....but NIU does put a pretty good football team on the field most years.............the MAC isn't the pushover that it used to be, teams have to come to play 'em...or pay...
Jon

John Patakos

i have always been an OSU fan..and always will be..i have family that went to school there.my cousin is the former dean of medicine...it must be a good school.....lol

BallAquatics

They were very fortunate to come away with a win after 5 turn-overs.....  Alabama wasn't quite as lucky with their 5.....

Dennis

John Patakos

how disturbing is it that a team that has played a bunch of games and is undefeated stands in like 6th place..
i am from Cleveland..i am used to taking any damn win i can get....lol

Ron Sower

I did something I haven't done for many years yesterday. I watched a college football game. Va. Tech and Purdue. First half was competitive. Second half, Tech just kinda kept moving forward while the Boilermakers couldn't get any steam going.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron