• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 302
Total: 303

festivum

Started by ilroost, January 26, 2013, 09:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

got this guy at the auction last saturday.Nobody was bidding on him so got him for the $1 opening bid.
I had these guy's waaaay back when and bought him because it brought back memories of the ones i had as a kid. These used to be common place in aquariums back then, but i hardly ever see them anymore
sorry about the bad pict, the tank doesn't have a background on it

PaulineMi

Cool. I've seen them in Amazon river videos. Neat looking fish.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

I was reading about them and it say's they like to be in small schools.That isn't gonna happen,it's the only one i have seen in years

BallAquatics

Great lookin' fish ilroost!  That JD in the background looks great too.

Dennis

ilroost

Barb

They are good fish.  I lost my Festivum to old age last week, he was over 15!  He lived alone in a tank of angels for all that time after his mate died about 5 yrs ago.  They can be shy fish but if other fish don't bother them, they are right out with the others in their tank.
Barb

PaulineMi

Wow!  15 years....that is a long time. Sorry you lost him. He must have been an old friend.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Here's a neat vid of them...note what looks like a zebra BN on the bottom front...interesting tank too..

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

I am really liking this guy.He doesn't seem to shy.
Only him, a male jack dempsey and a large common pleco in a 75 gal. tank.
Kinda want more now.

shatanka

NICE FIND! Can't beat the price! wow. I was just talking to a nice lady I get fish from at her LFS about these. She said she doesn't see them often either but can get them from time to time. If she does get any in, I can let you know if you would like? It is in FL, but I will see if she will ship as they have oxygen and all in their very nice shop that has a wonderful reputation.

b125killer

WOW that's a nice fish for a buck. I like the tank in the video too.
Scott