• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 11:46:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

Water changes and moving fry...

Started by Mugwump, September 01, 2015, 12:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We just finished up a bunch of water changes on all the fry tanks.....moved all the PinoyZebra/Pinoy Leopard fry to the 60 gal.....I'm thinking they won't all be in there too long....growing good, and there's a ton of them..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I've got to redo some things with my tanks. I am going to move my 46 bowfront into the basement with the rest of the tanks.  I need the space upstairs. :o I going to have to cull some fish that are not panning out to make room for the next batch of Koi that are looking real good at pea size. ??? Then I have to set up a Mana X pair and possibly a  Plat pair. I need to diversify. My LFS keep asking me what other types of Angels I can get for him. ; |^| I can't wait for the Blue Marbles to start pairing off. Lots of work to do. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 06, 2015, 07:32:25 PM
I've got to redo some things with my tanks. I am going to move my 46 bowfront into the basement with the rest of the tanks.  I need the space upstairs. :o I going to have to cull some fish that are not panning out to make room for the next batch of Koi that are looking real good at pea size. ??? Then I have to set up a Mana X pair and possibly a  Plat pair. I need to diversify. My LFS keep asking me what other types of Angels I can get for him. ; |^| I can't wait for the Blue Marbles to start pairing off. Lots of work to do. ::)

What size will he take them??....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 06, 2015, 07:35:29 PM

He likes them nickel size. Says the customers don't want to spend money on the bigger fish. For now he is happy with the Koi but just in case business picks up I want to have something else to offer him. Too bad there are no swaps here like in the midwest. All they have is auctions at the meetings and most clubs have one big swap like event a year. That stinks.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 06, 2015, 07:42:32 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 06, 2015, 07:35:29 PM

He likes them nickel size. Says the customers don't want to spend money on the bigger fish. For now he is happy with the Koi but just in case business picks up I want to have something else to offer him. Too bad there are no swaps here like in the midwest. All they have is auctions at the meetings and most clubs have one big swap like event a year. That stinks.

I have the mixed spawn from the blue blusher/Plat pair....some blushers, light gold/plat types/ghosts, etc..they're around nickel+....I can send you a bunch if you want.....cherry pick for yourself....sell him the rest yada yada.....what do you think?? 

Jon

wsantia1

Sure send some. I will mix them in with his next order.  Might be a while tho.  I just sold him 60 Koi last week.  Don't know how long it will be before he needs more. [emoji2]
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 06, 2015, 08:15:39 PM
Sure send some. I will mix them in with his next order.  Might be a while tho.  I just sold him 60 Koi last week.  Don't know how long it will be before he needs more. [emoji2]

You got em  |^|.....supposed to cool off late this week too.....I'll look for a good time...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 06, 2015, 08:19:22 PM

You got em  |^|.....supposed to cool off late this week too.....I'll look for a good time...
Great. Thanks.  [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 06, 2015, 08:20:29 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 06, 2015, 08:19:22 PM

Great. Thanks.  [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

|^|
Jon