• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 06:18:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 330
Total: 331

18th World Guppy something or other

Started by GraphicGr8s, August 22, 2015, 09:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 23, 2015, 08:37:50 PM
Jon, this is a once a year event. This is the 18th occurrence.

odd....they've had one here for years...sanctioned too.....must be a different type of show somehow...or a different main group puts it on..??...no biggie...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

I don't think this is an IGFA event.

I'm still trying to figure out why I am so into darn guppies when I have a plethora of others to breed.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

greydragon

why is it you find out about the good stuff after you have left the area??
i used to live in Tampa

GraphicGr8s

I'm still trying to find any good stuff here. This is pretty much the highlight. <<sigh>>
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

LizStreithorst

This guy has very nice ones.  I'm tempted but don't think I'll take the plunge.  http://ww.gorgeousguppies.com/my-guppy-strains.html
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

What comes around goes around.  It's been almost 50 years since I've kept guppies, but I've now got those Endler's I picked up at the club meeting.   ;)

Dennis

Ron Sower

Hey G8, did you start the hobby with guppies? It might have to do with your past fun times if you did. I did and in my 20's I had a breeding program of my own going on with them. Still have some males in the community tank, and a few months ago I sold off my black Moscow group. They were gorgeous.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

I think I started with sword tails way back then. Actually what got me into fish was an alligator snapping turtle just before my wife got married.

Ron Sower

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 24, 2015, 12:13:19 PMActually what got me into fish was an alligator snapping turtle just before my wife got married.

Okaaaaay! Care to explain that one????? :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

Her brother caught a baby snapper from the Hudson. And I bought a 10 gallon tank for it. Then started looking at the fish at the LFS in my home town. And it's snowballed from there. I had 20 tanks in a 3 room apt breeding angels and gouramis right after she got married.

Ron Sower

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 24, 2015, 12:18:32 PM
Her brother caught a baby snapper from the Hudson. And I bought a 10 gallon tank for it. Then started looking at the fish at the LFS in my home town. And it's snowballed from there. I had 20 tanks in a 3 room apt breeding angels and gouramis right after she got married.
Okay...so far so good. Now, what about the phrase, ''... just before my wife got married''? Married to whom?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

She keeps telling me I was there. I have no recollection of it though.

Ron Sower

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
That brought a chuckle to me! Maybe too much champaigne?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

w!w     I am to please.       8)

PaulineMi

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 24, 2015, 12:48:04 PM
  w!w     I am to please.       8)

"am"  to please.    8)  Sorry..couldn't resist.  Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)