• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:27:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 297
Total: 297

18th World Guppy something or other

Started by GraphicGr8s, August 22, 2015, 09:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

Finally something in my home town. And to think the largest export at TIA is tropical fish I can't get quality fish here at the LFS.

http://www.18thworldguppycontest2015.com/

Sunday they auction off the fish. See your fish becomes the property of the host club to auction of to pay for the event. Hope to be there myself. I need some quality stock.

|^|
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 22, 2015, 09:49:10 PM
Finally something in my home town. And to think the largest export at TIA is tropical fish I can't get quality fish here at the LFS.

http://www.18thworldguppycontest2015.com/

Sunday they auction off the fish. See your fish becomes the property of the host club to auction of to pay for the event. Hope to be there myself. I need some quality stock.

|^|

...good luck, and have fun.....lots of fancy guppy keepers up this way too....many are likely there for the event..?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

That looks like an interesting event. What specifically is involved with the fish collection trip on Monday morning? Where do they go, what is worn, what do they expect to collect,  etc?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 23, 2015, 07:08:50 AM
That looks like an interesting event. What specifically is involved with the fish collection trip on Monday morning? Where do they go, what is worn, what do they expect to collect,  etc?

It's great fun Pauline no matter what part of the country you are in.  Here's some photos of when Lawrence Kent was in town to speak to the club.....

Dennis

PaulineMi

A little fish in a glass box of water....a grown man smiling. Love it...my kinda folks.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 23, 2015, 07:51:25 AM
A little fish in a glass box of water....a grown man smiling. Love it...my kinda folks.  :)

...mine too.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

That's Tony with the big smile.  You won't find a nicer man.  He's the VP of our club and currently in charge of bringing in speakers.  He's also the guy to ask if you want to do some native fish collecting.  Tony knows all the local water ways and where to go to get what you are looking for.

He's also got a super nice fish room in the lower level of his home.....

Dennis

Mugwump

...very nice.....but no speakers???.... 8)
Jon

ghonk

Like this.

Mugwump

LOL....I'll bet those fish 'rock'....good grief, that's like living next to the "L"....LOL
Jon

GraphicGr8s

I'm not really too sure. I know yours truly won't be going though. I am not sure my back and legs could take it for too long.

I may try the farm tour though. Just depends on the other half's schedule since I am the chauffeur de riguer.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 23, 2015, 07:20:39 PM

I'm not really too sure. I know yours truly won't be going though. I am not sure my back and legs could take it for too long.

I may try the farm tout though. Just depends on the other half's schedule since I am the chauffeur de riguer.

..even if you don't go wading, you can watch.....I'm betting there's a shore crew too...
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on August 23, 2015, 07:30:37 PM

I may try the farm tour though. Just depends on the other half's schedule since I am the chauffeur de riguer.

..even if you don't go wading, you can watch.....I'm betting there's a shore crew too...

It still pisses me off I see my darned spelling mistakes right after it's quoted.

I am too unsure of the back problem. Just standing tonight cooking dinner it was killing me. But the mango shakes were spot on. Chicken fajitas. Not too bad. But the shake mmmm mmmmm.

If I recall right Joe said this was the first time it's been held in the US. He goes over to Asia a bit and they've been after him for a while to apply to host. He didn't want to at all. He's been a speaker twice at our meetings in the last year. One of my favorite speakers.  This whole thing came together in a matter of a few short months.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 23, 2015, 07:48:59 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 23, 2015, 07:30:37 PM

It still pisses me off I see my darned spelling mistakes right after it's quoted.

I am too unsure of the back problem. Just standing tonight cooking dinner it was killing me. But the mango shakes were spot on. Chicken fajitas. Not too bad. But the shake mmmm mmmmm.

If I recall right Joe said this was the first time it's been held in the US. He goes over to Asia a bit and they've been after him for a while to apply to host. He didn't want to at all. He's been a speaker twice at our meetings in the last year. One of my favorite speakers.  This whole thing came together in a matter of a few short months.

http://www.reef2rainforest.com/event/guppy-associates-international-chicago-ifga-show-mi/
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Jon, this is a once a year event. This is the 18th occurrence.