• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 07:59:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 325
Total: 325

Food Quiz

Started by Mugwump, August 17, 2015, 06:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I missed Twinkies, pound cake, and wine.

GraphicGr8s

Liz do you know what makes a wine white or red?
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

LizStreithorst

I think that it's the skin. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 17, 2015, 06:29:55 PM

it's the hues in the toe jamb of the stompers, right?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Close. It's how long the juice is allowed to stay with the skins. Ferment the must the entire time on the skin and it's a red. Never let it sit on the skins and it's a white. Anywhere in between becomes a blush. The juice from a grape is pretty much clear whether it's a white grape or red/black.

wsantia1

I got all 14 right. I did guess at 3 tho. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 17, 2015, 06:55:44 PM

Close. It's how long the juice is allowed to stay with the skins. Ferment the must the entire time on the skin and it's a red. Never let it sit on the skins and it's a white. Anywhere in between becomes a blush. The juice from a grape is pretty much clear whether it's a white grape or red/black.

,,except Moselle's.....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Yeah Jon some wines are made entirely with white grapes. Rieslings come to mind. However a white zin is a dark grape.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 17, 2015, 07:10:13 PM
Yeah Jon some wines are made entirely with white grapes. Rieslings come to mind. However a white zin is a dark grape.

...folks still drink zinfidal?.... ;D
Jon

sschind

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 17, 2015, 06:27:30 PM
Liz do you know what makes a wine white or red?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the color.

I got 12/14  missed the tequila one, I thought it was the leaves not the roots and the pound cake one although as soon as I hit false I kinda knew I was wrong.  Guessed on a few.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

BallAquatics

ghonk

Got 10 of 14,missed.
Oreo
Pound cake,sure is a lot of butter.
Coffee,forgot about Jon's intake. ;D 
And Big Mac,how in the hell did i miss that one.