• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:12:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 340
Total: 341

Aquariums and bridges

Started by GraphicGr8s, August 17, 2015, 01:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

Once set up it would be easy to maintain (my guess).
I automate water changes and have two or three conductivity controllers going.
I would consider the bridges more of a hassle to set and to maintain.
On the other hand, bridges going up (which in my mind makes for the difficulty because of removing air that gets in) might keep the different waters from flowing together so easily.

If it were done with bulkhead fittings (straight through the tank walls), the water could flow back and forth but air leaking in would not be a problem. The greater rates of water exchange would require more and larger new amounts freshwater and more slat pumping in under control of the conductivity controller.

big b

I meant the freshwater to saltwater thing.

BillT

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

If there if a lot of exchange, blending the waters together, large enough inputs of freshwater and salt water (with appropriate removal of excess water) would be able to overcome those differences.

Not clear if I answered your question thoiugh

big b

Sorry, I wasn't understanding it at the time when I posted that. I understand it now. Also you did answer. my question  |^|