• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 05:39:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

packing fish...

Started by Mugwump, January 23, 2013, 05:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So how do you pack your fish for shipment

Heavy mil bag?
0 (0%)
Double bag inverting first bag?
0 (0%)
Use some type of container?
0 (0%)
Oxygen in the bags?
0 (0%)
Just regular air in bags?
0 (0%)
Sedative tabs, bag buddy type, or other
0 (0%)
#1 0r #2 and #4 ?
0 (0%)
#1 0r #2 and #5 ?
1 (50%)
#1 0r #2 and #4 ? W/ tabs
0 (0%)
#1 or #2 and #5 ? W/ tabs
0 (0%)
other method ???
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Mugwump

Just adding to the general theme info....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Your dang poll will let me choose only one thing!  With Discus, they have some size on them before I ship.  I tripple bag with 3 ml. bags.  I ship in straight RO which is said to be a no no, but is a trick taught to me by Cary Strong himself.  The fish do fine with with the abrupt change in water parameters.  The lower pH of the RO cuts down on damage from amonia.  It worked for him and it works for me.  I use O2.  I starve the fish for between 48 and 72 hrs depending on their size.  I use Bag Buddies.  I will have to find an alternative once I run out.  They are no longer being made.
Always move forward. Never look back.

P4Angels

I have to agree with Liz.  Most of the successful shipping that I have ever got have been triple bagged.
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

I've seen double bags with newspaper wrapped around the first bag, then 2nd bag put on..it reduces fin damage and insulates somewhat too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson