• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 08:19:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 134
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 118
Total: 119

Are you a picky eater????

Started by Mugwump, August 09, 2015, 06:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big b

I do the same thing with broccoli :D

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2015, 07:17:00 PM
The only one I picked was white chocolate.  I've had it.  Don't like it. I don't see the point in it.  It's like flavored sugar.   I'm not fond of grapefruit but I'll eat it in a fruit salad or as an ingredient.  Don't care much for eggplant either, but if it's prepared well I'll eat it.  I've never tried Maramite and don't even know what and 84 and 85 are but I'm always up to try something new and different.

B, you should expand your horizons.

No big deal. White chocolate isn't really chocolate anyway. Just a bunch of fats and sugar.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 09, 2015, 09:26:14 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2015, 07:17:00 PM
The only one I picked was white chocolate.  I've had it.  Don't like it. I don't see the point in it.  It's like flavored sugar.   I'm not fond of grapefruit but I'll eat it in a fruit salad or as an ingredient.  Don't care much for eggplant either, but if it's prepared well I'll eat it.  I've never tried Maramite and don't even know what and 84 and 85 are but I'm always up to try something new and different.

B, you should expand your horizons.

No big deal. White chocolate isn't really chocolate anyway. Just a bunch of fats and sugar.

And that's exactly what it tastes like.  Fat and sugar.  Lard mixed with honey or raw sugar or perhaps real molassas or real maple syrup would be more satisfying.
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

18 out of 87. I hate, despise, abhor, hate bananas. The smell makes me want to puke and do a bit of projectile vomiting. They are gross raw.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 09, 2015, 09:40:02 PM
18 out of 87. I hate, despise, abhor, hate bananas. The smell makes me want to puke and do a bit of projectile vomiting. They are gross raw.

That surprised me.  You're such a foodie.  What other than 'nannas will you not eat?

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2015, 07:28:41 PM
I have to add one thing.  I bought goat cheese from the supermarket once.  It was disgusting.  It tasted like a buck in rut smells.  I used to own dairy goats and made my own yogurt and cheese.  It tasted clean just as my milk tasted clean and sweet.  A disgusting aftertaste is an indication of poor sanitation and improper husbandry.  And that's all I have to say about that.

Liz I had goats also and cannot eat goat cheese either.....for the same reason you stated. Yuk.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

You would have liked mine, Pauline.  My bucks were kept separate from the does.  I chilled my milk quickly in ice water.  No disgusting buckyness to any of it. 

I'd own a doe or two now but I no longer have proper fencing.  They'd get into the yard and they'd eat everything and use Charlotte to play on.  In the winter they'd get into the woods in and they'd eat the Mountain Laurel because it's the only green thing, and be poisoned.

Barb

I bet you may like an Idaho Spud candy bar.  It is chocolate marshmellow, dipped in chocolate and rolled in coconut.  Shaped potato-like. I used to live in Idaho, they don't sell them on the east coast. Mmmmm
Barb

Ron Sower

I would eat any of them. The way I look at it is that if other people eat it and survive, it probably won't kill me or make me sick. Besides, when I was a kid, we ate what my Mom fixed. That was it! We were happy to have it too!  ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 10, 2015, 10:33:47 AM
I would eat any of them. The way I look at it is that if other people eat it and survive, it probably won't kill me or make me sick. Besides, when I was a kid, we ate what my Mom fixed. That was it! We were happy to have it too!  ;)

...yep, what Mom put on the table was what we ate.....no family member a la carte stuff....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 10, 2015, 10:33:47 AM
Besides, when I was a kid, we ate what my Mom fixed. That was it! We were happy to have it too!  ;)

LOL makes me think of home Ron.  I was NEVER made to eat anything, Mom would say, "This is what we're having!", meaning take it or leave it, but you were not getting something else.  LOL

Dennis

ghonk

When i was a kid you ate what was cooked,when i got a little older i had the munchies most of the time. ;D
And then you would eat anything and everything you could find,so no spoiled eater here. 

GraphicGr8s

My dad would make this big old pot of soup.

I'd go open a can of Campbells.

That pissed him off.

Owl307

yeah I'm a picky one... wouldnt eat 42 of those items
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on August 10, 2015, 02:22:37 PM
yeah I'm a picky one... wouldnt eat 42 of those items

LOL.....come on....you're kid'n right?.. :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson