• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:36:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 330
Total: 331

Takashi Amano

Started by big b, August 05, 2015, 07:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big b

Apparently he dies yesterday..... He will be missed by many :(

Mugwump

Now some of him will live on here.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

He has such a way with aquariums, at least there is a special place for him in heaven now.

PaulineMi

That's a shocker. What happened?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

At least he was at his home when he passed.

wsantia1

RIP. He will surely be missed by the community.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Yes, he pretty much single-handedly built the high-tech planted tank industry.  His work was certainly beautiful to look at.

Dennis

Barb

Barb

Sorry it didn't, I meant to highlight a particular video of him doing a tank.

Ron Sower

I've watched many of his videos. As was said earlier, he will be missed by many. Love his work.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I've seen pics of his work before.  They're always at the top of the newest forum my nemesis puts up.  I never new the name of the artist before, but now I can recognize his work.  I'm sorry that he died.  He was likely a solitary man and didn't go to a hospital for treatment.  Artists can be that way.  At least he died at home.  Perhaps he knows that his work was loved by many of us.
Always move forward. Never look back.

big b

Thanks Jon for the pictures of his tanks and him.

Mugwump

Thanks Dennis. that's a good article, tribute, to him.
Jon