• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 12:42:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 245
Total: 245

No one wants to cook night....

Started by Mugwump, August 04, 2015, 05:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...so I had egg salad sandwiches, and Jan opted for some Ramen noodles and a hard roll.....ok ok...we forgot to put the boneless pork roast in the oven..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I had a BLT.  No kidney at my supermarket nor can they order one.  Meat manager told me to check with the slaughter house in Hattiesburg.  I know the place well.  It's where I used to take my young male goats after I pussied out on doing the job myself.  He said they're slaughtering some show cows now so I should be able to get some nice kidneys. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 04, 2015, 05:24:18 PM
I had a BLT.  No kidney at my supermarket nor can they order one.  Meat manager told me to check with the slaughter house in Hattiesburg.  I know the place well.  It's where I used to take my young male goats after I pussied out on doing the job myself.  He said they're slaughtering some show cows now so I should be able to get some nice kidneys.

The only time I went to a slaughter house was when my Mom and I would go to get calves brains.....Mom fried them with potatoes, and a few onions, then scrambled eggs in the mix...delicious....sometimes we'd get a tongue too....Mom cooked it like a corned beef with pickling spices.....we'd make sandwiches with a little catsup mixed with fresh horseradish......MMMmmmm...on toast.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

OMG, my mom used to make tongue.  She bought smoked ones.  I tried a fresh one.  It just isn't the same.  Isn't it the most tender delectable meat you have ever eaten?.  Yep, cooked like corned beef.  The first night it was served hot with boiled cabbage.  After that the sandwiches.  Perhaps I'll have the slaughter house save me a tongue, too.  A small smoker isn't that expensive.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 04, 2015, 06:01:08 PM
OMG, my mom used to make tongue.  She bought smoked ones.  I tried a fresh one.  It just isn't the same.  Isn't it the most tender delectable meat you have ever eaten?.  Yep, cooked like corned beef.  The first night it was served hot with boiled cabbage.  After that the sandwiches.  Perhaps I'll have the slaughter house save me a tongue, too.  A small smoker isn't that expensive.

yum.....never had it with cabbage....sounds good...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Like corned beef and cabbage only better.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 04, 2015, 07:39:23 PM
Like corned beef and cabbage only better.

well maybe not that good....LOL...I really like corned beef and cabbage ya know... ;D
Jon

big b

ghonk

I ate some tongue that my brother cooked a couple times,lengua tacos.
Reminded me of well cooked roast beef.

LizStreithorst

Tacos de lengua is made from fresh tongue.  Really, really, really, it's 100 times better when it's smoked before cooking.

BB, I figured I'd gross some folks out by talking about eating tongue and kidney.  I'll tell you a story...My English mom would have her fancy friends over for brunch and tea.  She's make kidney stew.  Everyone raved about it and would ask what it was.  She knew not to tell them.  She's say, "Oh it's just an old English recipe."  Sometimes it's better know knowing ;D ;D

big b

Yep, if you fed me that I would not be able to tell what type of meat it was. And I would rather not know  :o.

Ron Sower

Quote from: big b on August 04, 2015, 08:50:25 PM
Eww you ate that  :o?

Well why not? You keep one in your mouth 24/7...!

I've never eaten it, but would give it a go if I knew someone that knew how to prepare and cook it for me. Guess I could look recipes up on the net.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'll try anything.  Only think I've ever tasted that grossed me out was Chlittin's.  I'd even try it a couple more times if I were given the chance.  The ones I ate might have been disgusting due to poor technique.

big b

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 05, 2015, 05:29:16 PM
Yeah but it is my own tongue. And it is not from another species.

Ron Sower

Quote from: big b on August 05, 2015, 06:10:29 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on August 05, 2015, 05:29:16 PM
Yeah but it is my own tongue. And it is not from another species.
So are muscles from other species (steak, ribs, chops, etc) you eat!!!! I won't even mention clams and softshell crabs, and what yo eat with them! ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron